Chapter 142: Tenko's "Cute" Cousin

Watching Nono rushing towards him, Tatsuma didn't underestimate her. Although judging from Nono's speed, her level wouldn't be too high, her performance was the most standard Tatsuma had seen today.

"You are definitely one of the most outstanding students of this year, and even the biggest gem of our class," Tatsuma praised generously. However, Nono's expression didn't change at all upon hearing Tatsuma's praise, nor did her movements falter or accelerate, remaining stable as ever.

Tatsuma easily dodged Nono's attacks while observing her performance, checking if she exhibited any signs of frustration due to prolonged inability to make a breakthrough.

Nono's emotions remained stable throughout, which made Tatsuma couldn't help but admire. Truly worthy of being a Ninja valued even by Shimura Danzo the darkness of the ninja world, this mindset surpassed that of many other ninjas.

Especially at this age, facing crucial moments in life like graduation assessments, most people's mindsets will inevitably be affected. However, those who can maintain control are definitely those with strong resilience.

Ding~

Finally, Tatsuma also drew out a Kunai to block Nono's attack. Although it was only one attack that got blocked, a hint of delight flashed in Nono's eyes, quickly subdued.

For Nono, Tatsuma's block was undoubtedly positive reinforcement, which was Tatsuma's intention - to make Nono feel that her attacks could no longer give Tatsuma an easy time.

In such a situation, most people would capitalize on the momentum, but Nono had good control over her emotions. After being aggressive for one round, she immediately reverted to her previous rhythm.

Seeing this, Tatsuma no longer approached, but instead, distanced himself. With his speed, he instantly moved ten meters away from Nono. Nono also swiftly drew out a Shuriken and threw it towards Tatsuma.

"Ninja Tool Throwing is also very proficient. It seems you've practiced a lot."

Catching several Shuriken that were no longer sharp, Tatsuma nodded satisfactorily. He probably understood Nono's level by now. As for the Three Basic Jutsus, they were not very suitable for the current situation. If examinees dared to use them, Tatsuma would definitely give them low scores.

Just a moment ago, there was someone who directly used the Transformation Jutsu to transform into the leading Jonin, trying to deceive a Chunin by saying that he didn't need to take the exam and would pass directly. However, he was instantly recognized because he didn't know the leading Jonin's habitual actions.

The Clone Jutsus, especially the Shadow Clone variant, coupled with a one-on-one situation, made it difficult for examiners to distinguish between the original and the clone. As for the Substitution Jutsu, it goes without saying. This technique focuses on speed.

Usually used for testing and gathering opponent information when the level is higher than the opponent. Being proficient in the Substitution Jutsu at the same level at least surpasses the opponent in combat awareness. Those who dare to use the Substitution Jutsu in combat are just showing off their skills, but now it's obviously not the stage for Genin to show off.

If any examinees use these three techniques indiscriminately, it will only expose that they are not good at practical combat, thus only resulting in deductions.

As for other Ninjutsu, Tatsuma did see other examinees use them, but he didn't think Nono could pull off any other offensive Ninjutsu, after all, the Academy doesn't teach them.

Unless Nono had already made contact with the Anbu at this time, she wouldn't be able to learn offensive Ninjutsu. Even if she had made contact and learned them, as long as Nono had a bit of sense, she wouldn't use them.