Chapter 169: Reaching A Compromise

"Flying Thunder God Jutsu?"

Upon realizing which technique Uzumaki Mito wanted to replace what Tatsuma requested, Sarutobi Hiruzen felt relieved. His sensei had created too many forbidden techniques, ranging from completed systems to incomplete ones, with some still in development.

Among them, there was a portion of techniques so dangerous that Sarutobi Hiruzen preferred they never saw the light of day again. However, among the numerous forbidden techniques, there were one or two that Sarutobi Hiruzen was willing to let spread.

One of them was the Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu, an advanced version of the Shadow Clone Jutsu. To be more precise, it should be said that the Shadow Clone Jutsu is a restricted version of the Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu.

Initially, his sensei had created the Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu, but due to its extreme danger, modifications were made, resulting in the creation of the Shadow Clone Jutsu that others could also learn.

And another technique is the Flying Thunder God Jutsu. The Flying Thunder God can be said to be the most mysterious and difficult Ninjutsu in this shinobi world. The concept of space-time is difficult for ordinary people to understand, let alone learn and apply.

Among forbidden techniques, practitioners of the Flying Thunder God Jutsu are actually the most numerous. Including Sarutobi Hiruzen, Shimura Danzo, and others from that generation of Hokage's guards, all attempted to learn it.

However, unfortunately, none of them were able to master this technique. They couldn't even reach the entry level mentioned by their sensei for the Flying Thunder God Jutsu, so they couldn't progress.

Over the years, Sarutobi Hiruzen has had Chunin from the village attempt to learn this technique more than once. However, no one has ever succeeded, not even those exceptionally talented geniuses.

Sarutobi Hiruzen even speculated whether Tobirama's innate Space-Time talent, as mentioned by their sensei, was exclusive to him alone, much like the Wood Release talent of the First Hokage in the past.

Senju Tobirama analyzed the prerequisites for learning this technique, listing three major requirements. First is the Space-Time talent. Since him, no one has ever broken through this barrier.

The second requirement is exceptional knowledge. One needs to understand the concept of Space-Time and integrate it into the application of Chakra.

The final point is having extraordinary reaction speed to adapt to the information transformed by Space-Time. Without this, the Flying Thunder God will only degrade into a poor Ninjutsu similar to Heavenly Transfer Jutsu.

Of course, the last point is Tobirama's own personal opinion.

After all, in his sensei's words, throughout his life, apart from himself, he only admired the Wood Release of the First Hokage and the Sealing Jutsu of the First Hokage's wife. Besides these, in his opinion, other people's techniques are either poor or crude.

Even the Uchiha's power, which could be considered god-like in the eyes of other enemies, is nothing more than inherited cheats in the eyes of his sensei and not something based on knowledge.

Sarutobi Hiruzen concluded his brief reminiscence of his sensei and then slowly turned his head to look at Tatsuma. At this moment, Tatsuma had also come to stand before him and Uzumaki Mito.

Seeing Tatsuma, who bore a resemblance to his sensei in looks by about forty or fifty percent and shared about seventy or eighty percent similarity in behaviour, Sarutobi Hiruzen smiled and said, "The Flying Thunder God Jutsu is unlike any other Ninjutsu. It is not just a Ninjutsu.