Chapter 166: Empty Houses Age Faster Than Those Often Disturbed

"Shikato, what's your take on this?"

Inside the Hokage's office, Sarutobi Hiruzen, the Hokage, along with advisors Utatane Koharu and Mitokado Homura, strategist Shikato Nara, and the recently returned Sakumo Hatake, all wore solemn expressions.

After listening to Tatsuma's analysis and the proposed response plan, Shikato let out a long breath upon hearing Sarutobi Hiruzen's question. He looked at Tatsuma with some surprise and admiration in his eyes.

If the village could have a Hokage like this, perhaps he, as a strategist, wouldn't be so exhausted? Maybe he won't have the chance to work under Tatsuma, but if his son Shikaku became a strategist...

He probably had a laborious life, but maybe his son could really face a lighter burden?

Though his mind was filled with various thoughts, he still reserved a portion of his mental capacity to review what had just been discussed. He nodded and said:

"Hokage-sama, I believe Tatsuma's reasoning is sound. I will allocate additional manpower to investigate the movements of both Cloud Ninja and Iwa-nin, prioritizing the locations indicated by Tatsuma.

Additionally, I will coordinate with Mifune and the Land of Frost to prevent them from making irrational decisions out of panic. As for other matters, I will gather more intelligence, assess the situation, and then provide you with a comprehensive report."

Sarutobi Hiruzen nodded. The slight recovery in his mood, which had been achieved after the decisive victory following the defeat on the Land of Rain battlefield, was now completely gone. However, his admiration for Tatsuma grew stronger. At this moment, he could fully trust that Tatsuma was the most excellent individual of this generation. Previously, his talents may not have fully matched this evaluation, but now it was undeniable.

Onoki, that guy, may not be good at many things, but his judgment is really quite sharp. He hasn't even interacted with Tatsuma once, but he can already see Tatsuma's promising future. No, Onoki's judgment is still lacking. Tatsuma isn't just promising for the future; he's already excellent.

The more excellent Tatsuma became, the happier Sarutobi Hiruzen felt. After all, this was a talent who had risen under his educational guidance. Tatsuma had the potential to surpass Sarutobi Hiruzen's three disciples by a significant margin.

Jiraiya, Orochimaru, and Tsunade each had their strengths and weaknesses.

Jiraiya had decent talent, possessing both battlefield command and political acumen. However, he lacked dedication and had a history of mischief since childhood, which prevented him from gaining the respect of many elders.

Orochimaru's talent was similarly high, and he had both ability and ambition. However, his inner fire was not as strong. While he might have enough light for himself, it remained uncertain if he could illuminate others. Further observation was necessary.

Tsunade's talent was undeniable, and any slight shortcomings in ability could be compensated for by her status. As a top medical ninja, she had the support of the people and the respect of the elders. However, she lacked maturity and was too easily swayed by emotions.

The recent attack on the Sand Ninjas forces highlighted this. Without Tatsuma's support, Jiraiya's timely discovery, and his intervention as their sensei, the situation wouldn't have been as perfect.

But this kid Tatsuma's talent can be described as astonishing. Although he's only ten years old, he's already showing the potential for greatness in the future.

Regarding his abilities, others might not know, but Sarutobi Hiruzen remembers well. Last year's scheme to lure the Hidden Sand Village into a trap was inspired by Tatsuma. And just recently, poisoning the Rain Ninja sto frame the Sand Ninjas, and being able to manipulate the entire Sand Ninjas army with just a few soldiers and supplies—such strategic talent and resourcefulness. If it weren't for his lack of strength and experience, he could probably be directly promoted to command a battlefield.