Chapter 155: Danzo's Greed

"Incredibly audacious! Truly audacious!"

In the midst of the Rain Ninja camp, Hanzo rushed back, looking at his subordinates tormented by toxins, his exposed half-face flushed with anger. As a master of poisons, he was actually tricked with poison by someone.

Beside him, Rain Ninjas, also wearing gas masks, bowed their heads in silence. After all, this was too shameful. After simmering in anger for a while, Hanzo asked discontentedly, "Who exactly did this? Have you found out?"

Upon hearing the question, a Rain Ninja nodded and presented a document, saying, "According to the returning ninjas, they encountered three suspected Sand Ninja ANBU, one of whom seems to be skilled in Puppet Jutsu and controlling Sand techniques.

After examining the poisoned ninjas and testing their blood samples, we found some components extremely similar to the poison used by Sand Ninjas, but there wasn't a complete match. We suspect it's a new type of poison developed by Sand Ninja."

Hanzo took the report and began to read. Ever since the transplantation of the venom sac, he hadn't stopped his research on poisons, for both his own sake and those around him. Thus, he naturally understood these professional reports.

The report not only analyzed this particular toxin but also compared it with other known toxins. After reading it, Hanzo concluded that the poison afflicting his subordinates was from the same series as the one used by Hidden Sand Village's Chiyo.

This was inevitable for every poison master. Each generation of poisons was a refinement of previous works, and in the eyes of professionals, many connections could naturally be seen.

"What's the reaction from Konoha?" After reading the report, Hanzo's anger had subsided somewhat. In response, a Rain Ninja said, "Konoha seems to have also gathered intelligence on this incident. They sent us an invitation for talks again yesterday."

Upon hearing that Konoha wasn't intending to take advantage of the situation, Hanzo breathed a sigh of relief. After all, within the Rain Ninja village, he was the only one capable of confronting the power of the great nations and their elders.

However, he couldn't conduct truly simultaneous operations. The route to the east was blocked by the warriors of the Land of Iron, and despite leading his forces against Mifune's warrior group for a long time, they hadn't truly overcome them.

It wasn't because the warriors of the Land of Iron were truly formidable, but rather, these conservative warriors had unbelievably sought aid from Konoha.

After suffering significant losses in the initial battle due to being unfamiliar with ninja combat, the warriors swiftly adjusted their strategic approach. While Mifune was responsible for overall coordination, on-site command was handed over to Konoha's ninja.

Simultaneously, the ninjas from Konoha who provided support were largely medical ninja, greatly reducing the warriors' casualties. The Waterfall Ninja Village, originally powerless to stop the Rain Ninja's eastward expansion, also managed to staunchly halt their advance with the assistance of the warriors and Konoha ninjas.

This setback deeply frustrated Hanzo. After all, the absorption of territories and expansion was the only path for the rise of the Land of Rain. However, despite his ambitions, he wouldn't truly occupy the lands adjacent to him, such as the Land of Earth, Land of Fire, and Land of Wind.

Moreover, faced with the trilateral alliance of the Waterfall Ninja Village, Land of Iron, and Konoha, Hanzo had no way to condemn them. After all, he had initiated hostilities against the Land of Iron and Land of Fire. As for the Waterfall Ninja Village, if the Rain Ninja ventured onto others' territories, could they really expect no resistance?