Chapter 3

"So, Emma, do you like it here?" he asked.

"Yeah, I do, but I haven't been here for a long time and normally, I'm out pretty quickly." she answered.

"Normally?"

"Most of the time I'm transfered in crappy families that don't really care about me so I run away." Emma explained.

"That sucks. But Oliver and Rose are such good people and they've been talking about having another child for so long! Maybe this time will be the good one?"

"I hope and yeah, they really seem like good people." she declared.

"Well I hope you stay." he answered and before Emma could add anything, Rose came back.

"I'm sorry, I really had to take this. Killian, do you think your family would like to join us for dinner?" Rose suggested.

"We don't have anything planned so I think yes. I will go ask. Be back in a minute." he respondes before getting out of the kitchen.

"You know, he goes to the school you'll be going so you won't be alone when you start in two days." Rose said.

"Well, maybe he won't want to stick with the new girl. No one ever really does." Emma responded, thinking about all those times when she was the new girl they made fun of or just compleatly ignore her.

"He is a good kid, trust me. However, he's not in the same year, he's almost turning eighteen." she added.

"It's okay. I'm used to being the new girl with no friends anyway." Emma shruged and sat at the table. Rose sat in front of her and had a serious look on her face that did worry the blonde a little.

"Look, Emma. We want to help you. I have been aware that the other families that you were in before weren't good and that's why you did run away, but me and Oliver we care about you." Rose said.

"You don't know me very much." The teenager replied.

"But we will. We want to do our best with you, make you feel like you belong here. I'm telling you, everything is going to be alright."
"Thank you." Emma said and smiled to her new mother.

"You're welcome. Do you want to help me make dinner?" Rose proposed.

"Sure!" the blonde answered.

* * *

The Jones entered the house. Rose and Oliver greetes their friends and Emma stayed a little behind. She only barely knew Killian, but they seemed to have known each other for years.

Talking about Killian, he joined her, followed by his older brother.

"Emma, this is my brother Liam. Liam, this is Emma." Killian introduced.

"Hi." simply said Liam.

"Hey." Emma answered.

"Oh, this is Emma. Emma, this is Arthur and Lena" Rose then said, introducing her to the boys parents.

"Hi Emma, it's a plesure to meet you." Lena responded.

"Hi." she answered. Arthur gave her a smile.

"Well, dinner's ready. We should eat." Oliver declared.

Everyone moved to the dinning room. Rose served the meal with Emma's help. The teenager then took a place, the only seat left, next to Killian. He gave her a smile to which she responded by doing the same.

The dinner was great. Emma didn't talk much, but maybe she would get used to these people someday. However, she was asked a few questions to which she responded with simple answers.

When they finished to eat, Emma proposed to do the dishes. She had understood that she might be staying there longer than she thought so she wanted to make a good impression.

"That's really nice of you, Emma. Killian, why don't you help her?" Lena said.

"Yeah, sure mom." He answered.

Thre two teenagers headed to the kitchen.

"So, you're staring school tomorrow?" Killian asked the blonde.

"Yeah." She answered as she started the water and looked around for sponge to wash.

"Anxious?" he added, taking a rag.

"Well, I'm kind of used to it." she shrugged and took a plate that she started to wash. "One time, I've been to three different schools in a year."

"That's a lot!"

"That's life when people don't want you." she declared. She knew she did not have the easiest life and talking about it used to make her feel sad, but she had gotten past that point. Killian did not really know what to answer. "It's okay. I'm used to it. It's sad but it's a fact. I've always been unwanted."

"I just think no one should feel that way." he answered. "You deserve better and I hope you will feel better here."

"Thanks." Emma simply answered.

"And I can show you around school tomorrow." Killian proposed. She glanced towards him and smiled.

____

What do you think? :)
Make sure to leave a comment, tell me what you think xx

believe__inmagic