Chapter 43

"Have you guessed who I am yet?" the man asked. Emma was lying on a couch, hands tied in her back, tied at her ankles as well and the man looked at her while drinking a cup of tea.

"Grace's father." she replied.

"You're smart. That's good." he said. "But you probably don't know why you're here. Oh, and I'm sorry about your ankle. I didn't mean for you to be hurt in the process."

"What are you doing?" she asked. She was not afraid, she could not be.

"Getting my daughter back. And you could have taken her away from me, again. Which is why you're here. I'm stopping you from doing that." he said and put his cup on the table. "You'll be alright. That couch is comfy."

He walked over to her and put back the tissue that had been around her neck back on her mouth. Then, he left the room. She waited until the door was closed to sit. A quick look around. It seemed like a normal living room, except with two telescopes. Strange.

Her eyes stopped on the cup. She moved to grab it, trying to ignore the pain in her ankle and let it fall on the ground. She tried getting the tissue out of her mouth and then grabbed a pillow that she threw on top. Using her feet, she broke the cup. She felt the pain again.

It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt.

She got on the ground, grabbed a piece of the cup and cut the ropes at her wrist. Then, she took the ones at her feet and got up.

It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt.

She looked through her pockets, looking for her phone. Of course it wasn't there. She walked over the telescope, saw it was directed at another house. Looked at the second, directed at the Sherrif's station. He had been watching Grace and her. Grace! She had to find Grace and a phone, then she would be fine.

She opened a door. It wasn't looked. It led to a hallway, with other doors. Carefully, she walked over to the first. Locked.

"Grace?" she asked. No answer. She tried again, but nothing. She got to the second door.

It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt.

The door opened. There wasn't much, but she got inside to get a better look and when she turned around, she saw an old phone on the wall. She closed the door, grabbed the phone and dialed Killian's number. He knew about Jefferson Hatter.

Pick up, pick up, pick up!

"Hi?" he asked.

"It's Jefferson." she said. "He's got his daughter and got me." she was careful not to speak too loud.

"Emma? Are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm okay. I just need your help to get Grace and I out." she said.

"HEY!" she heard. "IS THERE SOMEONE?"

"Gotta go." Emma said and hung up. She got to the other wall. It was the little girl.

"Grace?" she asked after she'd put her ear on the wall.

"Yeah." said the little girl from the other side of the door.

"I'm Emma. Henry's mother. I'm the Sheriff." she told the girl. "I'll get you out of here. There's someone on his way. You'll be just fine."

"She's just fine with me."

Jefferson was at the door, aiming a gun at Emma. She stepped back and fell to the floor.

It doesn't hurt. It doesn't hurt. I'm not scared. I can't be scared.

"And I liked you more unconcious." he added.

He got closer to her. She could not make a move. She still looked around, hoping to find something to defend herself, but there was nothing. Nothing against a gun.

"Please don't hurt her!' said Grace from the other side.

"Don't worry sweetheart. We'll be fine. I've got everything under control."

He got his gun to Emma's temple, but got another piece of tissue and put it over her mouth.

"Breathe in." he said. His voice gave her chills. She had no choice but to breathe. She blacked out once more.

It doesn't hurt. I'm not scared. I can't be scared.

Killian is coming.

___

I'm on fire!
Is this too movie-like? Idk :')
What do you think of the new cover? :3

I felt bad leaving you on a cliffhanger xd But I might update slowly because I have a few things in the next two days and I start school again on the 6th. We'll see ;)

As always, please comment xx I love reading your comments, they make my day!

• believe__inmagic •