Chapter 46

A little reminder, Killian's parents are called Arthur & Lana in this fanfic (Arthur cause we all thought Arthur would be his father back then xd And Lana cause I was watching The Fosters when I first wrote it :p)

"Killian is going to see his parents and he wants me to come with him." Emma said and sighed as she sat on a chair. She was in the library, talking to Belle.

"What's wrong with that? They already know you." Belle said as she put a book on a shelf.

"Rose and Oliver still live next door." she added.

"Oh, right. You never tried to go back?" Belle asked.

"No. I just couldn't. He- Oliver was shot! I still feel like it's my fault, so I just don't know."

"You were not the one holding the gun. It's not your fault, Emma. I'm sure they never even thought for a second it happened because of you." she replied.

"Even if that's true, I left them and now I'd be coming twelve years later just to say hi because I'm with Killian now. God, I don't know what to do." she sighed.

"Give it time, you'll figure it out." Belle said, trying to reassure her.

"I don't have time, Killian's leaving tomorrow." Emma replied.

"Oh. Right, okay. Well, personnaly, I think you should go."

"Killian does too. Seems like I'm the only one thinking it might not be a good idea."

"Maybe that's a sign that you should go, then." Belle told her. "Look, I'm sure everything will be fine. They'll be happy to see you again and you too. They were your first real family, doesn't it mean something to you?"

"I guess you're right." Emma declared.

"I know. I always am." Belle teased and the blonde laughed.

*  *  *

Emma got out of her car, just as Killian was getting to the door of his house. She grabbed the bag she had left on the passenger seat and hurried to join him.

"Hey." he said. "I thought you were spending time with Henry."

"He's got a school project to do with Grace." she explained.

"What's this?" he asked, pointing her bag.

"I... packed a bag for tomorrow. I'm coming with you." she told him
and he smiled before pulling her into a hug.

"We should probably get inside." she pointed out.

"We should." he said with a smile before he opened the door. As soon as they got inside, he grabbed her by the waist and pressed his lips on hers. "I love you." he whispered to her ear as he took a breath. She did not say a word, but he could see in her eyes that she felt the same way.

* * *

"This wasn't a good idea." Emma declared. "Something bad will happen or-"

"Stop." Killian told her. He still kept his eyes on the road. "It's Rose and Oliver, it will be fine, Emma."

"How can you know?" she asked him.

"Because I know. Now, stop worrying." he said. She sighed and looked out the window. She remembered the place. They were getting closer to their destination.

A few minutes later, Killian parked his car in front of his old house. Emma's eyes were locked on hers, the house next door and then she smiled.

"Everything alright, Swan?" Killian asked as he got to her side of the car.