Chapter 25

"So, what's the story of Emma Swan and Killian Jones?" asked Henry as they left the diner.

"Henry..." she sighted.

"You know, the fact that you ignored my question yesterday made it clear that you are the one from Killian's story." he declared.

"Why are you interrested in it ?" she asked him.

"I like stories." he replied and shrugged his shoulders. "This one seems interresting. I'm jjst wondering why you ran away and why here?"

"It might be an interresting story, but it is also a complicated one and we'll have to skip it for now." Emma answered, mostly trying to avoid the subject.

"You're avoiding it." he said.

"And you're a smart kid." she pointed out. He smiled.

* * *

"You'll tell me that story one day!" Henry yelled at Emma as he ran along with the other kids to enter the school.

"I never said I would." she said and smiled.

"It's good to see his smile back." said a voice behind her and she turned to face her mother.

"I-I guess. I didn't do anything."

"You stayed." Mary Margaret declared.

"Look, I..." started Emma and looked down for a moment. "You know that me leaving, back then, it had nothing to do with you, it was me, it was who I am. And now, me staying, it is just temporary and it is for Henry. It is just one week and I guess that telling him you're his grandmother would just make everything more complicated." Emma spoke.

"I understand." her mother replied.

"You do?" Emma responded, suprised.

"Yes. I am just hoping for a chance to talk, just once." she added.

"Sure." Emma smiled.

* * *

After a little while driving around the streets, she got to the Sheriff station. She got out of her yellow bug and walked over to the doors, made her way to Killian's desk, who was there, eating breakfast with his collegue.

"Swan." he simply said when he saw her.

"Are you guys working on a case?" she asked. "I just need something to do, think about something else." she declared.

The phone rang and Graham answered as Killian and Emma looked at him. It only lasted seconds before he hung up.

"Car accident at the entrance of the town, we need to get there fast." Graham declared.

"I'm following." Emma said and no one objected.

* * *

The car had crashed in a tree. It looked like there was only one man in it and he was being pulled out.

Emma had gotten out of her car and she followed the two officers just when someone stopped her.

"Miss Swan, what are you doing here?" the mayor asked.

"I offered them help." she declared and pointed Killian and Graham. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm the one who found him. You should go, I think they got it under control." Regina replied.

Emma did not leave, but she stayed a little farther and watched everyone work. They could not find any of the man's I.D. He was a John Doe.

"You're good at finding people, right?" Killian asked when he walked over to her. Grahama had just left for the hospital to follow the victim.

"That's my job." she replied.

"Then we could use your help to find who's this man." he added. "Guess you got a case after all."

She gave him a smile. "So, there's really nothing of his you have found?" Emma asked.

"Not for now, the car is a bloody mess. We'll have to wait a little for that, but we might be able to look some things with his liscence plate." he said.

"Good call. I'm driving." she replied and opened her car's door. Killian came and sat in the passenger seat as she drove back to station. "What about the Mayor, what did she tell you?"

"Nothing much. She was driving back home because she forgot her cellphone and she saw the car already crashed in the tree. She immediatly called, the ambulance came." Killian told. "We don't have much clues, maybe Graham will get us something if he wakes up."

"Hope we'll get some information with the plate then. Do you think he is a resident here?" Emma asked.

"Well, he was scratched and bruised, but I don't think I've ever seen him." Killian declared.

"That might make it harder, then, but I've dealt with harder stuff than this." she said.

Not long after that, she parked her car at the station and they both went inside. Killian gave her acces to one of the computers as they both started searching on their own.

Their technology is outdated... Emma thought.

It took a while and Emma though she'd found something. She showed it to Killian and he decided he'd make the phone call.

He came back a little later.

"Our John Doe is David Nolan, great job!" he said to her.

However, she froze on her seat as she heard the name.

Because she knew now, she had known for a few years and she had tried to find him. She knew David Nolan was her father.

____

Cliffhanger :p
Am I making you suffer guys? :')

Anyways, I knew you'd guess it was David so I decided to go until that moment :p

What do you thinkkk? :)

believe__inmagic