Chapter 2

Emma woke up and she took a few seconds to remember where she was. She sat and looked around, then smiled.

"Here's to a fresh, good start." Emma whispered and let herself fall on the bed. After a few minutes, she decided it was the time to start her day, so she got up and brushed her hair, then changed into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, topped by a hoodie. She made her bed quickly and went to pick up the book where she had left it the night before. When she looked by the window, she saw her neighbour again. He smiled at her and she waved at him, which made him respond with the same gesture.

Emma took her book and placed it on the desk, then got out of the room and went downstairs. Oliver and Rose were already there and the teenager could smell the bacon.

"Hi, Emma!" Oliver said when he saw the blonde enter the kitchen.

"Hello." She responded, a little shy.

"C'mon, take a seat," Rosd added. "Here you go." She put a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Emma.

"Thank you." Emma smiled.

She talked with Rose and Oliver about how things normally worked around the house and about the fact that she would have to go on the next morning to fill some papers for school and have her first day another thing she was used to. Everything always went fast in every foster home.

"I was wondering... who lives next door? I saw this guy, he looked my age or maybe older. His window faces mine." Emma declared.

"Oh, it's the Jones. The young boy you're talking about is probably Killian." Oliver said.

"Or could it be Liam?" Rose added. "Did he have curly hair?"

"No." Emma answered.

"Then it's definitively Killian, he's a nice guy." Rose said and took Emma's empty plate. "And we go buy a few new clothes for you today is that alright?"

"Sure," Emma smiled.

"We'll go this afternoon. I still have some papers to correct."

"Okay, it's good!"

"Take the morning to get used around the house and ask us questions if there's anything." Oliver added.

"Yes," Emma responded.

Soon, Oliver had left and Rose gone to correcting, while Emma took another tour of the house, trying to remember what she'd been told the day before. Then, she got back to her room and looked around, checked if there was anything in the drawyers. She saw a bunch of papers, pencils, some useful school stuff. She was more than surprised when she found a laptop in the drawyer and took it out immediatly.

She opened it and saw that there was already a session to her name. She found a note, left by Oliver with the password. She logged in and looked at what she had. It's the first time she had such a thing of her own.

Emma let the laptop on the desk and got back to the window, where she hoped to see this Killian. He didn't seem there so she started to read her book like the night before and was giving multiple glares to the window in case he showed up. Around fifteen minutes later, he was there and holding a paper with Hey written on it. Emma saw him and ran to the desk, took some paper and a pen too. She wrote Hey back and showed him.

I'm Killian Jones, you? He wrote back.

Emma Swan The blonde showed him the paper. He smiled again, but a boy entered his room and he left with him. Probably his brother Liam, since he had curly hair like Rose and Oliver had said.

* * *

Emma came back with Rose after they'd passed the afternoon at the mall, buying clothes for Emma, but also getting to know each other better. When they got out of the car, Emma found the boy she'd been seeing at his window sitting on the stairs in front of the new house.

"Hi Killian!" Rose greeted.

"Hi Rose, Emma." he answered.

"You two know each other? Wait you were asking about-" started the woman.

"We've used papers, since we see each other's window." Emma explained.

"And I know nothing more than her name." Killian added.

"Ah, I see. Well, come in!" Rose said after she unlocked the door. The bags were left on the couch and everyone moved to the kitchen.

"My mom was wondering if you were still coming to the barbecue next sunday?" Killian said after a brief moment of silence.

"Sure, count us in, as always." Rose smiled. Her phone rang. "Excuse me, I have to take this." she said before she got out of the room.

Killian turned to me with a smile on his face and Emma blushed a little.

"So, Emma...