Chapter 47

Be prepared, cliffhanger at the end ;)

"This brings so much memories." Killian said. He was stading at the door of Emma's room.

"I told you to stay with your parents, you haven't seem them in a while." she replied. He walked over to the bed and lied next to her.

"Yeah, well I'm not really seeing them while they're sleeping right?" he answered. She laughed and drew near him. Her head rested on his shoulder and she brought her hand to his head as she started playing with his hair.

"You were right." she said.

"About what?" he asked.

"Coming here." she answered. He grabbed her hand and brought it on his chest. She smiled and closed her eyes.

It was only a few minutes later, as she was sleeping profoundly that her dream turned into a nightmare. She saw her young self, the 16 year old Emma shocked after she heard a gun shot. She was staring at Oliver's body. Tears were filling her eyes, going down her cheeks. She turned around, thinking she'd face the walk, but everything around her had changed. It was a dark room, with almost nothing but a phone lying on the floor. She heard someone calling her name through it. She heard Killian, but then Jefferson showed up, aiming the gun at her. She took a step back and fell. He approached slowly, until he grabbed her wrist and put the gun to her temple. She closed her eyes and heard the gunshot. When she opened her eyes again, she was back in the house, still facing Oliver's body, but the gun was in her hands.

Emma woke up. She took a few deep breaths to calm herself and loosened her grip on Killian's arm. Her grip was so strong that he'd woken up, but before he could say a word, she mumbled a "I'm sorry" and turned around so he'd face her back.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah." she replied. Her eyes were locked on the door that she was facing. Killian slid his hand on her hip.

"Are you sure?" he asked again.

"Yes." she told him and closed her eyes to make him believe that she was going to sleep again. Only she couldn't. She opened her eyes once more and faced the door for long minutes. After a while, she turned around and leaned on Killian's chest as she sighed. He opened his eyes a little and put his arm around her before going back to sleep.

* * *

The next morning, Killian heard a knock on the door but he did not want to move, hoping not to wake up Emma. The door opened a little and Rose showed up.

"Is she asleep?" she asked.

"Yeah." he replied.

"Her phone kept ringing." she explained.

"I'll take it." Killian said and she brought it to him.

"Breafast's ready. Just come downstairs whenever you're ready." Rose added.

"Okay, thank you." he told her before she left the room. Killian looked at her phone and saw that Henry had been calling. He decided to call back and the young boy answered almost immediatly.

"Hi mom!" he said.

"Hey lad, it's Killian. Your mom's sleeping right now." he whispered.

"Oh... right. I was just wondering how you guys were doing?" he asked. "And if everything was alright with my mom and her foster parents?"

"It's all great! You know, maybe next time you should come with us." Killian said, well, still whispering.

"I'd love it!" Henry told him.

"I'll tell Emma you called and she'll call you back as soon as she wakes up." he told the boy.

"Who is it?" he then heard and saw Emma was awake. He took the phone away from his ear for a moment.

"Henry." he said and gave her the phone. She got on her back and started talking with him. He looked at her with a grin on his face and kissed her cheek before getting out of bed.

*  *  *

They both were walking to the beach. They still had an hour to kill before they'd got to the restaurant with Killian's parents, Oliver and Rose, so they decided to go back to another of their memories. Just as they got to the sand, Emma noticed she'd forgotten her phone in the car.

"I'll be quick." she said and got back to the small parking lot. There wasn't much around and due to the cold temperature, they were very few people on the beach. There wasn't really anyone around.

Emma unlocked the car and opened the door. She looked for her phone in her bag and found it pretty quickly, but when she got back up after closing the door, she felt something hard against her back and someone's breath close to her ear.

"So we meet again." he whispered at her ear. She did not dare to move because she knew that he was pressing a gun on her back. "Did you miss me?" he added.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

You're not scared.

"Oh, I just thought I'd say hello." he added. "Maybe take my revenge at the same time, since you took my daughter away from me."

"She is not your daughter." Emma replied.

"Oh, no. You're wrong." he told her.

*  *  *

Killian had been sitting for a while alone. He wondered what was taking Emma so long. She only had to grab her phone. And the parking lot wasn't that far.

He waited a few more minutes, until he started to really get worried. On his way, he convinced himself that it was nothing, but he was wrong.

Jefferson was right in front of him, aiming a gun at Emma who was only a few feet away from him.

"Oh, we have some visit." Jefferson said as he saw Killian. "It is so nice of you to come, we're having so much fun." he said. Killian took the risk of taking a few steps, wanting to get closer to Emma. She gave him a look and he understood he needed to stop. Both of them were very good at hiding their fear. It did not show, but still Jefferson knew. Who would not be afraid of a gun? It can end your life in a second.

"Maybe I'm the only having fun, actually. But still, it's good that you're here, because I was just going to show Emma something." he said.

"Stop." Killian said. "She did not do anything to you."

"Oh, you think? She took my daughter away from me. The person I love most in the world. Do you know how it feels to loose the person you love?" he asked Killian and then looked at Emma. "Probably not, you two love each other and you're both still alive." Jefferson said. "But that is the thing I was about to show you. How does it feel to loose the person you love?" he asked Emma. "You tell me."

He fired his gun and she looked at her right to see Killian struggling to stay on his feet. Another one. He fell on the ground.

_____

You all hate me right now, huh?
This morning I had this idea but I did not no if it would be Emma who got shot or Killian, so I asked one of my friends simply "1 or 2?" and she answered one, so Killian won xd
I'll try to post an update soon, possibly tomorrow. Depends if I spend the day doing math and reading Sherlock Holmes or not :')

I'm sorry guys. I hope you still love me a little :p

• believe__inmagic •