Chapter 26

"Swan?" Killian asked when he saw the look in her eyes. She had not moved one bit. "Emma, are you alright?"

She came back to reality and mumbled a yes before looking down at the keyboard in front of her.

"Do you know this man?" he asked.

"I might..." she declared. "I know the name but never really seen his face. You should ask Mary Margaret, she would know."

"Is he-" he started to say but she cut him before he could say the word.

"I need a moment." she quickly got up and left the room, stopped in the hallway and leaned on the wall. At first, she thought of leaving at this moment, without telling anybody, but there was Henry and her mother and maybe her dad almost dying, her dad that she never met and there was Killian in the next room.

One day, everything was normal, she was alone, but now she almost regretted wishing not to be alone. That candle really had magical powers, she kind of joked to herself.

She had too much family around her and that scared her somehow because she never had been in this situation.

Do it for Henry, she thought.

The door next to her opened to reveal Killian, glaring at her with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah." she quickly replied.

"All of this, it has to do with the first time you came here...?"

"My mom told me about my dad, lf that's what you mean. Yeah. Only his name, because she wanted to really forget him. Then I left, because having a family scares me. I told her she wasn't the problem, it was me. I left for Portland and started looking for my father, but I never found him, until today, but he's almost dying. And, I have all this... family around me, my mother, Henry, you, I have no idea what to do, so like I said, I need a moment." she blured out. She turned so her back would lean on the wall and sighed.

"You'll figure it out. It's not the first time you have a family, it happened before, just a long time ago." Killian declared.

"Yeah, I was sixteen and I left because my foster dad was shot because of me. They are not family, what I did... it..." she closed her eyes.

"Emma, they did look for you and they missed you, so much. They knew it wasn't your fault, you couldn't have known that girl would bring someone over and-"

"I just never should have let her in, in the first place." Emma replied. "I never had a family."

"You had me." Killian risked to say. Her heart skipped a beat as she lifted her head to look at him. She knew he was right, she told it to Henry, but to admit it to him was a different thing.

"Whatever it was, you were not the mother I left, the son I abandonned or my dad that is in the hospital." she said. "Let's just... go to the hospital and check with the Sheriff."

"Swan." he spoke and grabbed her arm before she could leave. She looked annoyed for a second, before she realised he really looked serious. "Maybe I wasn't that, maybe I wasn't your familu, but you've been mine once and I'm really happy to see you again, even if we have changed. I missed you, Emma." he declared.

She took a deep breath. "I'm just not good at admitting, but I did tell Henry you were the closest one I had to family." she told him before really leaving. He stayed there for a moment before going too, joining her in the yellow bug.

"I like the color." he commented.

"I stole it." she said and started the engine without adding anything else.

* * *

Emma had spent the afternoon with Henry after he came back from school and did not speak a word about her parents. She was still looking for a way to tell him.

Late at night, she was walking alone in the quiets streets of the small town and remembering the little time she had spent there.

Without really being concious of where she was going - it was just instinctive - she got to her mother's loft. She knocked and Mary Margaret answered with a smile that widened when she saw her daughter.

"Hi." she simply said.

"Hi! What are you doing here?" her mother asked.

"I uh... don't really know." Emma admitted.

"Come on inside." she invited. Emma entered the appartment. It had not really changed. Emma looked around with a smile. "Your room is still a room, there's not much I changed." she added.

"I always liked it like that." Emma said.

"Sit down. I'll make hot cocoa-"

"with cinnamon." the blonde added.

"Of course." Mary Margaret smiled.

Emma sat at the kitchen table and sighed.

"Killian called you?" she asked.

"He did." the teacher answered.

"So, that's my dad out there?"

"It is." Mary Margaret nodded. She sighed to, thinking about him.

"I knew Killian before." Emma said, changing the subject.

"I did suspect that." she smirked as she put the hot chocolate in mugs. "You two just have something... He's not Henry's father, right?" she asked in a short breath.

"N-no, no. Henry's father, well he doesn't know he's Henry's father. Anyways, it's a closed adoption and I'm don't even know what I'm doing here anymore. I shouln't do that." Emma declared. Her mother came and gave her a mug. She drank a sip and it just felt good.

"You're just staying for a week like he asked you, it's okay."she told her.

"Should I tell him you're my mother?" Emma asked, uncertain.

"I think you should... But... about Killian?"

Emma chuckled and looked down to her mug. "Remeber, back then when I told you about a guy, the first guy I ever kissed?" She said.

"That's Killian?" Mary Margaret asked and smiled. "Aww. Well, I know he's a really good person. He's also real close to Henry. It's quite a coincidence that you meet again here."

"It is." Emma mumbled. Silence was all over the room for a moment. They both were thinking about their past relationship.

"Emma?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Yes?"

"Would you like to stay for the night?" suggested her mother. Emma put down the mug and looked at her.

"I'd love to." she smiled.

____

What do you think? :)

Long chapter yas :3

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN 5X07 CS SNEAK PEEK CAUSE I LITERALLY CRIED OF JOY AND STARTED LAUGHING OH GOD!

believe__inmagic