Chapter 44

A loud thud was heard as someone opened the door.

"Found her."

Someone's footsteps, coming faster and closer. She still felt weak.

"Swan." she heard. She wasn't sure if what was happening. She kept her eyes closed, still feeling weak. "Come on, help me!" Again, she felt pain in her leg. "Swan, wake up."

Killian had just finished untying the rope at her wrists while another officer did the same for her ankles. He brought his hand to her head and gently stroke her hair. He needed her to wake up. And she did. The first thing her eyes met were Killian's and she smiled.

"Grace?" she asked in a small voice.

"She's fine. She's with an officer. Her parents are on their way." he replied.

"A-And Jefferson?"

"He got away. They are looking for him right now." he told her. She tried to get up, at least sit down and Killian helped her. When she did, she wrapped his arms around his neck. "I'm so glad you're okay." he said. She smiled. They both stayed like this for a while, until Killian asked her if she was okay to get up.

"Actually, I might need help. I twisted my ankle." she told him and he bent to take her in his arms. "I could have just leaned on you." she then said.

"It's much less romantic." he joked.

They got outside and Emma got herself checked out while Killian went to speak to Grace's parents and the little girl as well. He told them how Jefferson had escaped, so they needed to look after their little girl, in case they did not find him. However, they would not stop searching.

"Can I talk to Emma?" Grace asked.

"Of course. She's right there with the paramedic." Killian answered.

The young girl walked over to the ambulance. Emma was siting on a gurney. The paramedic had found a small cut on her forehead that needed to be stiched up. Emma noticed Grace right away as the paramedic got back to the ambulance.

"Hey, sweetie. Are you alright?" she asked.

"Y-yeah. I just wanted to thank you for getting me out of there." the little girl confessed. Emma smiled than told her to sit next to her, which she did.

"You're safe now." Emma said.

"He's still out there." Grace said.

"But we'll find him. He will never take you or even touch you again." she added. "You are compleatly safe."

Grace gave Emma a hug. For a moment, she thought about Henry. What if he had gone missing? What would her reaction would have been? She would have been terrified. But she knew he was safe, just like that little girl she had saved.

"I'm sorry sweetie, I need to stich up her cut." the paramedic said.

"Sure. I'll go see my parents." Grace declared.

"Bye Grace." Emma said.

"Bye Emma. Thank you again." she said and Emma gave her a smile once more.

A few minutes later, Killian walked over to Emma, who'd been waiting, looking at the ground.

"Everything alright, love?" he asked.

"Can we go home?" she asked.

"Yeah." he replied. Killian helped her get to the car. He then got into te driver's seat and got Emma's phone out of his pocket.

"You should tell your mom you're okay." he said. "She was worried."

Emma took the phone and texted her mother.

I'm okay. I'll stay with Killian tonight. I'll call tomorrow to explain.

She closed the phone, leaned her head on the window until they got home.

* * *

"You want to tell me what happened?" he asked as he got in the bed.

"It's okay. I told you I was alright." she answered, still facing the wall. She could not sleep.

"I worry about you." he whispered to her ear. He then wrapped his arm around her waist. "I can't help it."

"I'm alright." she repeated.

"You're allowed to be scared about what happened." Killian told her. She grabbed his hand.

"I'm alright." she said a third time. It looked like she was talking to herself, trying to convice herself that she was okay.

"Just try to get some sleep." he told her and she shook her head. With his other hand, he stroke her hair until she fell asleep.

She's safe.

*  *  *

They both were awakened by the sound of someone knocking on the door.

"I'll get it." Killian mumbled. He got up and walked out of the room and went downstairs before he opened the door to see Henry.

"Sorry it's early. My mom told me what happened last night and I wanted to see Emma before school." he said.

"Come on." Killian said. "She's upstairs."

"Thanks." Henry said and ran all the way to the room, where he knocked gently on the door. "Mom?" he asked.

She was not expecting him, but she smiled as she heard his voice. She sat on the bed.

"Come in here." she said. He opened the door and the first thing he did was hug his mother.

"You're okay?" he asked.

"I am kid, don't worry." she told him.

Killian was stading in the doorframe, looking at the mother and son with a smile on his face. Henry noticed him.

"Hey are you two together? Like... more than friends? Cause you sleep in the same bed." he said and both laughed.

"Yes, we are." Emma confirmed.

"I knew it!" the young boy exclaimed.

______

Maybe not my best chapter. What do you think?

I'm starting school tomorrooooooow :'( I still had to go to school today cause of band practice though :')

Good luck to everyone with school! xd

Oh, if you have instagram, follow @hookedcaptainswan :p I made a second account to post video edits :p

• believe__inmagic •