Chapter 39

"Will you try and talk to Henry?" Mary Margaret asked as she grabbed her coat.

"I think... maybe he needs time." Emma declared.

"Yeah, sure. Well, I'll tell you how he's doing. See you tonight!" she replied.

"Bye. Have a good day, mom!"

"Have a good day, too, Emma."

She grabbed her bag and left the loft. Emma stayed sitting on the couch for a moment until she realized she had to move, unless she wanted to be late to work. She changed quickly, brushed her hair and grabbed her keys before going outise and into her car. She drove to Granny's, thinking she would just grab her hot cocoa and go, but turns out Killian was at Granny's and not at the station already.

"Hey, Swan." he said when she sat at the counter.

"Hey." she said without looking at him.

"Emma." she then heard. Turning her head, she saw Neal sitting next to her. She didn't even bother to reply. "I talked to Henry." he added.

"Well, I didn't talk to him." she answered.

"Here's your cocoa." Granny's said as she put the mug on the counter.

"Thank you." Emma replied and gave her the money. She got up and walked towards the door. Killian followed her, after all, they worked at the same place.

"So, that was Henry's father?" Killian asked when they got outside.

"Yeah. Look, just to make things clear, I don't want to talk about it." she replied.

"Okay." he said.

They both got in Emma's car, since Killian had walked all the way to the dinner and she drove to the station. In the building, Emma sat at her desk, opened her computer and started worling quietly, trying to get her troubles out of her mind. But, she couldn't.

"So, what about Gold? Why do you hate him?" she asked Killian, who wasn't really working.

"My brother came to visit about 5 years ago and Gold hit him with a car the night he was supposed to leave town. He killed my brother." Killian declared. "Didn't expect that, huh?"

"No, huh... I'm really sorry, for Liam..." she mumbled.

"Yeah. We can't change any of that." he replied.

*  *  *

"You want to come over?" Killian suggested.

"I-" Emma started.

"And we won't talk at all about the Gold family or the promblems you have with your son right now. Just to have fun." he added.

"I just need to call my mom first." Enma said.

"You need permission?" he joked and she gave him a discouraged look.

"I want to know how Henry's doing." she replied.

"I'll wait just here." he said.

Emma got her phone and walled away. She dialled her mother's number and waited while it rang, but she got no answer, so she sent a text.

How's Henry? I'm going at Killian's, so text or call me.

She got back to Killian and again, they walked over to her yellow bug.

"So, how's Henry doing?" Killian asked as he reached for her hand.

"Still pissed at her." someone answered. They both looked to see Neal standing next to them. "Nice, for a girl
who said she couldn't trust anyone, anymore." he added.

She felt Killian's hand clenching.

"Stop." she whispered and let go of his hand before getting in the car. He walked around and got in the passenger seat. Emma totally ignored Neal and started the engine before driving away. Killian did not dare to say a word and Emma prefered the silence. She hated the man in her head, she could not believe Henry, such a sweet boy, could have him as a father. And as a matter of fact, her as a mother. She felt bad. The walls were getting higher again and as much as Killian was trying, it would take much, much time to maybe get it all dowm.

Finally at his house, she hesitated. She thought for a second to only drop him off and leave, but she parked the car and got out. They got in the house and Killian sat on the sofa as he sighed. "Come on." he told her. She joined him and he got closer to her.

"He's an ass. I hate him." she declared. "I needed to take that out. I'm good now. Let's talk about something else. Do you like chineese food?" she asked when she looked at him and he laughed. Killian crashed his lips on hers.

Remember how good it feels. Let that feeling fight against your wall. Let that feeling destroy the wall.

___

Hey! Sorry it's been a while! Happy Christmas a little late!
Anyone got OUAT merch? :3 I did (pic at the top)

Tell me what you think? Do you think things are moving too slow? Or too fast? I'm trying to make all of this realistic so your opinion would be very helpful :)

Also, I've been on instagram a lot so if you could follow me on @dxrksaviorswan that would be really nice x

• believe__inmagic •