Chapter 48

Guys, come on, he maybe was shot but of course I'm not killing him! I just love thrillers and stuff like that and I wanted the Jefferson thing to come back. Anyway, hope you like the next chapter :)

It's happening all over again.

It's your fault.

He's gonna make it. He has to.

You can't run this time. You can't. You won't.

It's not your fault.

Emma got up from her chair. She'd been waiting for a while in the hospital waiting room. She walked over to the door, holding her breath. It's only when she got outside that she finally breathed. In and out. Repeat. In and out. After a few moments she walked around until she stopped in front of a tree and leaned on it. Her phone started ringing. When she saw the number, she sat on the ground before answering.

"Mom! You won't believe it! I got an A in my math test!" Henry said through the phone.

"That's... That's really great, Henry! I'm proud of you." she replied. As much as she tried to hide it, he probably could tell something was going on by her voice.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes, Henry, I'm fine. I'm just in a hurry, do you mind if I call you back later? Or... if I don't have the time just call back tomorrow before school, okay?" she suggested.

"Okay. Bye mom!"

"Bye!"

She hung up and sighed. It only took a few seconds for her eyes to fill with tears.

*  *  *

Emma would not even look at Killian's parents. She felt bad, so bad. As much as she tried to deny the feeling, she still felt like it was her fault. It was like with Oliver. She was not the shooter, but they were shot because of her.

She'd just stand in front of the window and look at the people coming in and coming out the hospital. Rose and Oliver were just behind her, talking with Arthur and Lana. The four of them were already at the restaurant when they heard the news. They still were talking to some doctor and did not really notice Emma, which was fine for her. She could not face anyone.

You did this to him.

She jumped when she felt something pressing on her shoulder, but when she turned around, she saw Oliver. She did not know what to say. All she could do was stand there and look at him, remembering how she hurt him as well before.

"Hey, it's okay." he whispered and she sighed before rushing in his arms. "It's okay. He's gonna be okay." he repeated.

"Emma? The doctor has an update." Rose said. Emma took a few steps back and saw the doctor that took Killian a few hours ago.

"Hi, I'm Dr Grey. We saw briefly earlier." the doctor said.

(Sorry I had to :3 xd)

"Yeah, I remember." Emma replied.

"Your husband is still-" Dr Grey declared.

"He-he's not my husband." she corrected.

"Okay... Well, he still is in surgery. There has been a little complication, but we got everything under control. He should be out of surgery soon." she explained.

"Okay, thank you." Emma said.

"I'll come back for another update when I have one." she told her before leaving, going back to Killian's surgery.

"He's going to be fine." Rose told Emma and she only shook her head. Her phone rang. She hesitated, thinking it probably was Henry calling again. She did not want to worry him with the situation, but when she recognized her mother's number, she picked up and walked away from her foster parents.

"Emma?" Mary Margaret said through the phone.

"Yeah." she simply said.

"Henry told me he was worried. He thinks something is going on and you won't tell him." her mother told her. Again, she hesitated. Should she tell her mother?

"Please just don't tell Henry, not yet." Emma sais before taking a deep breath. "K-Killian was shot." she said, trying to hold her tears.

"What? H-how? Is he okay?" she asked, troubled and surprised.

"He's still in sugery. It's... Jefferson, he found me, well us, Killian came and he shot him... he got away again..." she said all at once and then stopped. "It was supposed to be me." she declared. "He had nothing to do with it. It was supposed to be me." she said and a tear rolled on her cheek.

____

This chapter is a little shorter and the next one might be too. I have no idea when I post what comes next, depends on the time I have. Could be today or in a week, we'll see how it goes.
As I said, I'm not going to kill him. I'm hurting enough with him being dead in the show... He's gonna stay alive :p

Liked my Grey's Anatomy reference? :3

• believe__inmagic •