Chapter 8

"Emma! We were so worried!" Rose said as Killian and Emma entered the house. The foster mom pulled the teen into a hug, which suprised her.

"I'm sorry..." Emma muttered.

"It's alright." Rose said as her foster daughter pulled back.

"I-If you don't mind I'll go upstairs. I'm really cold." she declared and her parents understood. She walked to the stairs, but stopped and turned around. Her parents were leaving and Killian was watching her.

"Killian? You... wanna come? Plus, I have your jacket." the blonde said and shrugged. He nodded and grinned, then followed her.

They got to Emma's room and she excused herself for a moment. She needed to put warmer clothes. The blonde changed fast and came back. She slipped under her covers, to warm herself up as Killian was on the other side of the bed.

"Can I know who was the person that came and made you leave?" he asked after a little moment of silence.

"Huh... She's... She was my first and the only friend I've ever had before coming here, but she... lied to me, so we never spoke again until today. Her name is Lily." Emma resumed.

"And what did she do?"

"You mean today or the time she lied to me?" Emma asked, uncertain.

"Well... both if you don't mind. I just thought that talking about it could make it better, but if you don't want to-"

"She has a family." Emma cut him. "A family that does love her and worries about her, like Rose and Oliver with me. She just prentends they hate her and she can't see how her parents feel towards her. A few months ago, she... helped me steal poptarts when I was running from a foster home. She told me she was doing the same, which wasn't true. For once, someone made me feel like I wasn't alone in this and I felt like I could talk to someone like me, but then her parents showed up. Turns out she was adopted, but she had a family. " Emma explained.

"You know... You can talk to me. That's kind of what you're doing." Killian said.

"Yeah. The thing is, you haven't been in a situation like mine. But you didn't prentend to, so that's great." Emma teased and had a little grin on her face that Killian responded to. "I've told you and you know it that the system... no one wants to be in it and it's tough. Not everybody has the luck of getting a loving family like you, but what's the most sad is people that can't see they are loved."

"What about you?" Killian asked.

"What?" Emma was confused.

"I mean, do you see it? The love? Oliver and Rose they care about you, I care about you too. But do you see it, or you prentend to?"

"I see it." Emma declared. "I'm just not used to it. The fact that I see it is exactly why I got into a fight with Lily. She said that they didn't love me, like all of the other foster homes that I ran away from. I know that this family is different and I'm lucky to have it." the blonde explained.

"I'm glad to hear that." Killian grinned and then got up. "I'll get home, my parents are probably wondering if you are okay. I'll see you tomorrow at school?" Emma simply nodded and as he walked away. She lied under her sheets, not even wanting to go turn the lights off. Hopefully, Killian did it for her. He looked at her and smiled before leaving the room, closing the door behind him.

* * *

When Emma didn't show up at school the next day, he thought that maybe she turned out to be sick, after seeing how cold she was the day before. He just thought he'd go see if she was alright when he would get back home.

Killian was really attached to her, somehow and didn't realise how much time he spent with her or how much he cared about her.

"Hey, my sister was wondering of you knew why Emma wasn't here today?" Elsa asked Killian as they were getting out of math class.

"Probably sick, I don't know." Killian shrugged.

"I don't want to be mean, but, it was kind of nice today. We finally got to see you. Our friend was back, you know. I'm not the only one to think that."

"W-What?"

"Look, I know it's just been a week and that you're helping her out, but don't forget your friends. You're always with her." Elsa declared before walking away.

Killian couldn't help but think : Had it been thay bad?

_____

Huuuuh, what do you guys think? I'm really not sure :$
Thank you for reading xx

believe__inmagic