Chapter 1

Emma would always remember the road to her new foster home, the day of her 16th birthday. The car of her new parents had a panoramic roof from where Emma could see the stars.

Her new parents seemed like good ones this time, but she still needed to be careful. Appearences aren't always to be trusted.

After she fled from her last foster home, she thought it was over. No one would take a 15 year old girl in their home, so when she learned that parents were interrested in giving her a home on her birthday, she was more than surpised. Oliver, her new dad and Rose, her new mother had lost their adopted daughter five years ago, when she was around Emma's age. Rose was also a french teacher in high school, so she was used to work with teenagers, which was one of the reasons they adopted Emma.

Emma's new house was bigger than she imagined. It had a second floor, multiple windows and she could see the beautiful flowers in the front, even if it was dark at this time.

She got in her new home with the little bag in which she carried all of her stuff. She did not have much, she was used to carry little after running multiple times.

The inside was as beautiful as the outside. Oliver and Rose were being so kind to her she thought she was in a dream. They both got upstairs with her and got to the second door on the left.

"It's your room." Oliver declared.

Emma opened the door and was amazed by how big the room was and how beautiful too, even if there only was a few decorations for the moment.

"Do you like it?" Rose asked.

"I love it!" Emma replied with a huge smile. "Thank you so much!"

They both gave her a smile in return and then told her to get confortable and to get some sleep. They would all talk in the morning. Her new parents also wished her a happy birthday, which made her even more happy, because she'd been in houses when people would forget about her.

Emma let her bag on the queen sized bed and started to unpack it. Even if she was 16, she still had this blanket, the only thing she ever had from her parents. She put the few clothes she had in the wardrobe and then changed into a pair of joggings and a simple t-shirt.

There was a big window facing the door of her room and a little place to sit in front of it. She had taken the only book she brought with her, her favorite and she sat by the window to read.

After a few pages, she started to look around, by the window. She would see the stars that she had always loved to admire. Her eyes moved to the window of the neighbours. A boy that looked her age, with beautiful blue eyes that made her melt from the second se met them, was looking at her. He gave her a smile and she smiled back. At this time, Emma had no idea that this stranger next door was going to change her whole life.