Chapter 38

Emma got back in the appartment and she saw Neal and Henry talking by the window, but did not see Gold, until she looked on the floor and saw him lying there, unconscious.

They got him to a hospital, they were told that his liver was failing, but none of them knew him enough to know what might have caused it. After a while, he was stabled and Emma asked if they could transfer him to Storybrooke, since his wife was there and it was home.

Then, she had to explain to Neal how he had a step-mother.

"His wife. Yeah." he said.

"Seriously, I'm surprised." he'd answer.

"His wife was my friend in high school." Emma then declared.

"What?" he laughed. "That's a joke?"

"Sadly, no."

And so they got back to Storybrooke. Henry barely spoke to Emma the whole time and Neal came with them, not for his father, not really for Emma, mostly for his kid. After dropping Neal off at Granny's inn and Henry at home, she got back in her car and sighed. Her phone rang; Killian again.

"Hey!" she answered.

"Hey, I was just checking in again. Henry's enjoying it?" he asked.

"We're back actually." she told him.

"Back already? How come?"

"Long story. You're at home?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"I'll be there in five minutes".

She didn't really want to tell the whole thing, but she could not ignore it, so better tell him now then later.

* * *

"Gold's at the hospital?" he asked.

"Liver failure." Emma said.

"All that alchool... of course!" Killian scoffed.

"What?"

"Gold has been a drunk for long." Killian declared, looking annoyed. "He's trying to make things better since he's with Belle, but it isn't working that well... But, yeah, you haven't told me about his son."

"Yeah, right his son." Emma said. She looked at the window for a second, then at her hands. "Neal Cassidy. You know this thing that happens to me these days, that I just... seem to find everyone that's ever been in my life at some point..."

"So you knew Gold's son?" Killian asked.

"He's Henry's father." she said quickly and sighed. He was shocked.

"The good dead fireman you tolf Henry about?" Killian than asked.

"It was to protect him! And now he won't talk to me..." Emma replied.

"Well, it still is the truth about his father." he added.

"You want the truth? That man, he's the one that really broke me. He made me take the fall for one of his crimes, I went to jail, I gave birth to Henry in jail. I loved him and he never care for one second about me. How can I believe he'll be right with Henry?" Emma said furiously, taking out a part of the anger she had been keeping inside. She closed her eyes and took deep long breaths. Calm down, Emma. "I was protecting him..." she then whispered. "I was protecting myself, but I was protecting him too. Because he's my son."

Killian slowly put his hand on Emma's, but she moved and then got up. "I gotta go." she mumbled before she grabbed her red jacket and left the house.

* * *

She knocked on the door of the mayor's house. Emma looked up and saw the light in Henry's room opened, then Regina opened the door.

"Miss Swan." she said on a harsh tone.

"Could I speak to Henry for just a second?" she asked.

"He doesn't want to talk to you." Regina replied. "So, you brought the father?" she then added, looking annoyed.

"I did not know. I was looking for Gold's son."

"Well now, he's here and he wants to be with his kid. You're here and you want to be with your kid. The thing is, you see, he isn't your kid anymore. You know that, perfectly. You didn't bring him anything good, just problems, so it's over. I'm going to get my son back."

"He may be mad at me now, but he'll come back. He wasn't happy before I came here. I brought a smile back on his face and trust me, I'm not going anywhere." Emma declared.

"You have no idea what you're dealing with, Miss Swan." Regina said.

"I'm willing to take the risk, because he's my kid." she replied before she walked back to her car.

She drove for a few minutes before going back to her mother's loft. She climbed the stairs, opened the door and after closing it, she leaned on it and sighed. A tear fell off her cheek, she couldn't help it.

"You okay?"

She jumped and saw David coming in the living room. She quickly wiped the tear with the back of her hand.

"Y-yeah. Is Mary-"

"Emma!" her mother said and walked towards her to give her a hug. Emma hugged back, happy and relieved that she still had family left.

How strange was it, that she never lived with a family, but now, she depened on it?

___

Not the happiest chapter sorry :$ It will get betteeeer :)
Oh, and I figured Rumple is an addict and since there's no magic in this fic, I made him an alcohoolic. Might be weird, but it fits the story :p
Random message, so if you have instagram, my OUAT fandom account is @dxrksaviorswan and my personal is @believeinmxgic so check that out if you'd like, I follow back :)
Comment people xx

• believe__inmagic •