Chapter 40

Two weeks later

"You should bring clothes here. You always end up using my shirts." Killian said to Emma.

"You mind?" she replied with a grin. He laughed and she let herself fall on the bed. She sighed and closed her eyes.

"Everything alright?" he asked.

"Yeah." she replied. "I just need to sleep. I'm sleeping. Goodnight." She slid under the covers and turned on her side.

Killian turned off the lights and got on the other side of the bed. He slid under the covers as well and got closer to her. He wrapped his arm around her waist. He stayed silent for a moment and without seeing her face, he guessed she wasn't sleeping.

"Are you okay with this?" he asked.

"With what?" she asked, confused.

"Us. What we're doing. I know you have a lot and you wanted to take your time and I don't want to rush-"

"It feels right. I'm happy about this." she declared as she turned around, facing him. "Don't worry."

He kissed her forehead as she smiled.

"So, we're-" he started and cut him again.

"A thing?" she said and laughed. "I guess."

"We do sleep in the same bed." Killian pointed out.

"And I'm wearing your shirt." she added. Emma leaned her head on his chest and he put his arm around her before they fell asleep.

* * *

Emma knocked at the mayor's door. Regina answered and looked annoyed right when she saw Emma.

"Henry already left for school. Don't you know that?" she asked.

"I came to talk to you, Mayor Mills." she said.

Regina seemed to hesitate for a moment, but let her in and guided her a room where they both sat on sofas, face to face.

"So, why are you here? About Henry?" she asked.

"Yeah." she replied and pushed her hair behind her ear.

"Go ahead." the mayor declared.

"I am very well aware that you hate seeing me around Henry, hate Neal being around too and well... I don't like that part either. The thing is, Henry came for me. I've spent those years all alone and he brought me back here, he brought be back to my family. And he... he likes me. I did hurt him, by lying about his father, but I still am in his life and he wants me to be. I just wish you would understand and let me. Of course I'm doing this for me, he is my son and I missed those ten years and he is lucky he got to spend those with you, but I am here now and I don't think I can back off. I'm tired of fighting agaisnt you over him. Don't you think we can work it out? I'm sure he'd like it, to just at least be able to see me without you getting angry."

Regina stayed silent for a little moment, which made Emma worry.

"I was actually scared." she said. "He was my kid and he became more happy when you came around. So I kept him away from you, because he's always been my son."

"I understand that." Emma declared.

"Your hair looks nice." Regina declared.

"Uh. Thanks. Yours too." Emma replied with a smirk.

"I like your panties." the mayor added.

"Really? Thanks!"

~~~

That was a joke xd Here's the real thing :

"I understand that." Emma declared.

"I don't want to lose him. I've been hard on him and on you, probably to protect myself... But I also understand what you mean. I still want to talk to Henry... I haven't talked to him about you, much."

"And he's still a little mad that I lied to him." Emma added.

"Do you trust the man? His father?" Regina asked.

"I... don't know what he's become, but he doesn't seem to have changed and I don't want to deal with him." she declared.

"Okay. Thanks Miss Swan." she said.

"Thank you for listening."

*  *  *

Someone knocked on Killian's door around midnignt. He was about to get in bed and was tired, so he slowly got to the door, wondering who it would be. However, a smile grew on his face when he saw the blonde haired woman on his porch.

"Did I wake you up?" she asked.

"No, no don't worry. What are you doing here?"

"Well I- I talked to Regina about Henry and things seemed to be good and then I had dinner with my kid and he forgave me. So, I was trying to sleep, but I couldn't, so I packed a bag of clothes and came here, because I needed to tell someone and you're the first person I thought of." she admitted.

He grabbed her hand and made her come inside, then crashed his lips on hers. The bag fell on the floor and they kept kissing each other.

I guess he tore down my walls. For good.

___

I JUST DESPERATLY NEEDED FLUFF.
And it's chapter 40, you guys deserved it, right?

What do you thiiiiiiiink?

• believe__inmagic •