Chapter 41

I kinda changed Grace & Jefferson's story too, you'll see ;)

Emma entered the loft and the first thing she saw was her mother's confused look.

"I thought you were sleeping upstairs." Mary Margaret said.

"I uh..." she started.

"Slept at Killian's?" her mother finished for her.

"I did." Emma said.

"It's been a lot of nights... in a row..." she added.

"Yeah." she blushed and the door opened again, it was Killian.

"I found my- oh." he said.

"We thouht you'd be gone." Emma explained. "And he was running out of milk, so we were going to eat breakfast here."

"Right. Well I was just leaving." Mary Margaret said with a smirk. "See you tonight, Emma."

"Bye mom!" she said. Killian laughed right after the teacher had left the loft. He then kissed her on the cheek.

"Your mom seems happy with this." he declared.

"She's been pushing me towards you since I got here." Emma explained. "And I think she does't mind having the place for her and David only."

"So, they're getting back together?" Killian asked.

"Seems like it." Emma said and got up. She started looking in the fridge for the ingredients she needed.

"Swan, you never told me what happened after you got here, years ago." he said.

She grabbed the milk and put it on the counter. "I ran away. Couldn't stay at the same place, couldn't have a family."

"You did?"

"Told my mom I needed to go for a while, because that's how I lived. I told her I might come back and I never did until Henry brought me here. I also looled for my father, in Boston, which was kind of ironic, but I found him too now." she explained.

"Are you still thinking of running away, now?" he asked after a few instants of silence.

"Things are different now." she said.

*  *  *

"We've got a missing child." Killian declared and put a picture on Emma's desk. "Her name is Grace Collins, she used to be Grace Hatter."

"Used to be?" Emma asked.

"She's been taken away. Her father used to... beat her up. She came here a few years ago, a family here took her." he said.

"Since when is she missing?"

"24 hour rule, so yesterday. She never got home from school." Killian said. "We'll have to chck if anyone saw anything. And you should call Henry, he's her friend."

"Okay, I'll do. I'm going to check on the father first. Do we have a name?"

"Jefferson Hatter." Killian said and took his coat. "I'll call you if I find anything."

"Okay. Will do too!" Emma replied and he left right after. The Sheriff started looking out for any information on Jefferson Hatter, but he found nothing after the time where her daughter was taken away from him. Like he died, which wasn't that likely since the man was young. She found that the mother had died in a fatal car crash not long after Grace was born. She kept looking for a while, until the door opened. She thought it would be Killian, but Henry and Regina showed up. Henry ran to Emma.

"Are you looking for Grace?" he asked. Emma bent down to his heigt.

"I am, kid. We'll find her, don't worry." Emma said and Henry gave her a hug. "Maybe I could use your help. You could tell me what you know about her." she added.

"What do you want to know about her?" Henry asked.

"Do you know when she came here?"

"I think I was 6 when she came." Henry said.

"Yes, she was." Regina confirmed.

"Has she ever talked to you about her father?" Emma asked.

"Mr Collins?" Henry asked. "He's really nice, why-"

"No, huh, okay- She never told you about a Jefferson?"

"Never." Henry said. "Who is he?"

"I'll tell you when we know more about him, okay?" Emma said. "Would you mind leaving your mom and I for a moment?"

"Okay." Henry said and left the room.

"Are you looking for her father? You think he took her?" Regina asked.

"It's a possibility. Do you know anything about the father?" Emma asked.

"Nothing more than you already know probably. Is that him?" Regina asked, pointing the screen.

"Few years ago, yeah." Emma confirmed.

"He looks just like Andrew Dufresne." Regina said.

"Who is he?"

"A man who moved in Storybrooke a year ago." Regina said.

"Thanks. Can I call you if I have anymore questions?" Emma asked.

"Yeah, sure. I'll go check on Henry."

"Can you tell him I'll go see him tomorrow?"

"Sure." Regina said and left too. Emma sat in front of her computer and started looking for Andrew Dufresne but again did not find a lot. She called Killian.

"Do you know any Andrew Dufresne?" she asked Killian.

"No... Don't think so." Killian replied. "Why?"

"He looks just like the girl's father and moved in Storybrooke a year ago. He probably is the father." Emma said. "Have you found anything?"

"Not really. I still have to ask a few more person." Killian said.

"Okay. I'm going to keep looking on that Dufresne." Emma said.

"Okay."

Emma stayed at the station until late at night. She had barely ate dinner, she was starving and she knew Killian was probably waiting for her at home, but she needed to find this little girl and she did not have a good feeling about the father.

She gave up, for the day, when her eyes were almost closing by themeselves. She shook her head, closed her computer, packed her stuff and left the station. Outside, she was crossing the street to get to her car, when another car arrived quite fast in her direction. She tried to avoid it and fell on the ground. She felt a sharp pain in her leg before her head it the aspahlt. The car stopped and a man came out.

"Are you okay?" he asked coming near her. "I'm so sorry."

"I'm fine." Emma said a she tried to get up. The man helped her as she almost fell again and suddently, his hand was over her mouth and even is she fought it, everything went black.

___

So that's my maybe weird idea, I don't really know if it's good but it's all I had xd
So tell me what you think! xx
And Happy New Year a little late :p Hope you'll all have an amazing 2016!

• believe__inmagic •