Chapter 52 - Wedding Dresses

"Mar, will you come with me tomorrow?" Sadie asks as she approaches me sitting in the back yard whilst I work.

"Uh... sure? Are you not going to the show?" I ask pushing my sunglasses on the top of my head.

"It's the only day I could get an appointment at the store before we go away." Sadie explains sitting down across from me.

"Have you seen a dress you like?" I ask and she nods excitedly.

Sadie hasn't slowed down with the wedding prep since they got engaged. A date is set for December twentieth, back home in Scotland since Sadie refuses to get married without her grandparents being there.

"Yes! It's gorgeous. I won't say too much because you never know who is listening." Sadie giggles looking over to Nick who we can see clear as day sitting at the kitchen table. "It's beautiful though... I wish my Mam could be here." She mutters the last part so quickly I can barely make it out.

"Oh Sadie she'd give anything to be there too but FaceTime will have to do I suppose." I smile hoping to lighten the situation slightly.

"Oh I know, it's just a shame. Hey, this one might not be the one though and then when we're in the U.K we can go shopping with Mammy."

"Exactly, silver linings. Although let's not go in there hoping it's not the one. We'll go in with a positive mindset and hopefully we'll find something that's perfect."

"Yes positive mindset. I think we all need a friend like you. A gentle reminder to not be negative. Right I'll let you get on with your work." Sadie says as she walks away. "Mar, thank you."

"Anytime." I return her smile.

"No not just for that... for everything. Thank you."

*

I've never been inside a bridal boutique before. I've never needed to, never being a bridesmaid or a bride. Hell, I've never even been to a wedding before.

"Mar! That's her! That's the dress!" Sadie gushes as she spots the dress on a manikin.

It's not something I could have ever imagined her picking but it also seems perfect for Sadie. It's square neckline is embroidered tastefully with tiny pearls and jewels along the willow like lace that flows down the bodice trailing down to the ballgown skirt where they gently fall away. Elegant and eye catching but still classic and tasteful.

"Wow... Sadie it's gorgeous. Really beautiful." I smile as we're approached by the shop assistant.

"Hey ladies! I'm Clarissa who's my bride today?" The assistant asks with a smile showing her beautiful white teeth.

"Hi, me. Sadie nice to meet you." Sadie replies nervously fiddling with her bracelet on her wrist.

"It's so lovely to meet you. Now you called because we happen to stock a dress that you already had in mind, is that right?" Clarissa asks and Sadie nods in reply quickly. "Fabulous! Right we'll get that one pulled. Now tell me about what else you'd like to try, anything to we need to stay away from?"

"I don't think I'm a fish tail kinda girl but I'm happy to try anything. I don't want too much bling though... I just want to be comfortable and to feel beautiful." Sadie blushes.