Sixty-Five

Maisie was terrified, of how it was going to go, but when Cooper had barreled down the stairs the next morning and straight at her, wrapping his arms around her, she broke down crying, hugging him back. His first words to her that morning, was 'I love you mom'. Never once had she said those words, to anyone, but she realised in that moment why. If she was ever to say them to someone, it would be him, this whole time, she held back from saying it to Pietro, was because she wanted her child, to be the first one. She had crouched down, cupping his face, and said them back. The flood of emotions she felt, seeing his face light up as she said it, made her realise, she didn't want to miss any more.

Clint wrapped an arm around Laura, as she cried quietly, both happy, seeing Maisie say it. They both knew how hard her life was, and the fact she opened up, was vulnerable with them both last night, showed a big step for her. She had made it clear, she wasn't taking Laura's place, but being aunt to all three, she would accept that. Lila had hugged her too, telling Maisie she was excited to have her home.

'Shame you two didn't meet sooner..'.. Clint leaned his head to Pietro next to him, the three watching Maisie with the two oldest.

'No, it was the right time. It'll still take her some getting used to, and she made it clear she won't ever take the cures. Are you ok with that?..'..Pietro asked them both.

'I have no doubt in my mind, that she would never hurt us, any of us. But I'm pretty sure she'll hurt anyone who would ever dare try..'.. Laura said... 'Just thinking about the kids when they're older, trying to date, that'll be fun to watch..'

Both men chuckled... 'Yeah, don't think I need to worry..'.. Clint picked up his cup from the counter next to him... 'I thought Nat would be bad, she..'.. He gestured to Maisie... 'Is going to be worse..'

'I can hear you..'.. She called to them... 'Hybrid hearing, remember?..'

'Didn't forget..'.. Clint smirked... 'So, is there anything you want to do today? It's completely your choice..'

Maisie looked between the kids, a slow smile appearing on her face... 'I got an idea, but not sure you'll like it..'

Clint rolled his eyes, finishing his coffee... 'What?..'

'Me and Pietro take the kids for a run..'.. She looked between Cooper and Lila... 'You want to go for a ride on a werewolf?..'

Laura snorted, covering her face with her hands, choking back a laugh... 'Sorry, that sounded so different in my head..'

'Shame I made him take the cure..'.. Maisie nodded to Clint... 'You have no idea what you missed out on..'

Clint rolled his eyes, and his hand instinctively went to the scars on his side... 'It was kinda cool..'

'You were badass, from what I remember. You had more control than most would having been a new pup..'.. Maisie said, standing up and coming to join them in the kitchen... 'Is it ok, if we take them out? We'll stay where you can see us..'

'We trust you. If for any reason you told us you were taking them away to an unknown location, we know its because you're keeping them safe..'.. Clint tells her as Pietro handed over a cup of coffee.

'Does this mean you're staying? That you're going to be in the family now?..'.. The four adults turn to Cooper, as he looks at Maisie.