CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR: A Hargreeves Rescue Mission

"Okay, Luther, we're here. What is it?" Five says, stepping around a pile of rubble in what they once knew as the Umbrella Academy, now known as Luther's home and 'Hargreeves Home for Wayward Boys.'

They all take notice of how even Haddock is here, looking like he's been in a box for the last six years with nothing but a steady supply of alcohol. He rubs his face, grimacing at the morning light. "Hurry it up already." He waves towards the letter Luther is holding. He was the only one to receive the news first seeing how it was the only way to get him out of the house.

Luther holds it up to read. "It says, 'Your sister, Fleur, has been kidnapped. Follow my exact instructions and no harm will come to her."

Five takes the letter to read for himself. "All right. Any idea who might be behind this?"

Luther huffs, putting his hands on his hips. "My money is on you-know-who."

"Dad?" Klaus pipes. "Come on. Dad didn't kidnap Fleur. He doesn't give a shit about us."

"It just really hurts when family stabs you in the back," Diego mutters to Lila and she returns him an odd look.

"She had quite the following as an author," Ben adds.

Lila and Five share a knowing glance. If that was the case and she really was abducted by a crazed fan, then everything would be unraveling very quickly.

"Who actually cares?" Hadd bursts out in a light slur. "Connor was kidnapped. We need to go save her."

Five sends him a scowl. "Her name is Fleur. Are you even in the right mind to think about going?"

Haddock rolls his eyes. "Drunk or not, I'm going with or without you all, so let's go."

Luther grabs his shirt as he starts outside, not wanting a drunk behind the wheel nor wandering the streets, especially when he still has no idea where she's located.

"Who invited him?" Five looks between Luther and Ben. Luther looks more like the guilty party between the two. He never was good at hiding his emotions.

"Five, can't you just call your CIA buddies?" Allison adjoins.

Five exhales, eager to get going too, but not showing it. "Well, the CIA doesn't investigate kidnappings. That's the FBI."

In a spark of joy at the idea of getting a taste of the old life again, Diego pipes, "Wait. Hey, hey, no. We don't need anyone. We can handle this."

"Yeah," Luther agrees, moving between his feet excitedly.

"We're not exactly a team anymore, Diego," Five counters.

"Or ever were," Ben adds, sipping from a tea cup he found in this run down place.

Lila takes one of her arms. "Yeah, then there's the whole 'no powers' thing."

Viktor shrugs, scratching his head. "She's capable. Probably already has them tied up by now."

"No," Luther spouts. "I don't care. If Fleur is in trouble, I'm in, right?"

Diego looks to Lila for confirmation to which she responds, "What are you looking at me for? I'm not your mother."

"I'm in," Diego says to which Luther gives a fist pump into the air, buzzing with the idea of another mission away from the stripper life he leads.

Lila scoffs lightly at her husband. "Good luck. You can't even run up the stairs without getting a coronary."

He turns back towards the group. "I'm in the best goddamn shape of my life."

"Jesus. Okay, anyway, now what?" Allison questions.