Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15:

Tobin stepped off her plane and went to the luggage claim. After getting her bags, she started looking for Perry and her parents.

"Toby!" Perry screeched before wrapping her younger sister in a tight hug.

"Hey Perry." Tobin laughed. "Hey mom and dad."

"Hey sweetie. We're glad to have you back. Jeffery is pulling the car around." Her mom, Cindy, said.

"Where's Katie?" Tobin asked, walking with her family.

"She had work but she'll be over for dinner." Her dad said.

Jeffery parked the car and hugged his little sis. "I've missed you, Tobs."

Tobin hugged him back. "Yeah I've missed you two, Jeffery."

After putting her stuff in the trunk, they drove about twenty minutes to their house. Jeffery helped her bring her bags to her room and then he had work to go to. Tobin's parents had to run to the store to pick up a few things for dinner so it was just Tobin and Perry at the house.

"So, Tobs, how was Colorado?" Perry asked.

"It was good. We went on a lot of hikes as a team but it feels nice to be back home."

"It's only for a week though, right?"

"Yeah I mean I miss those girls already so a week is the perfect amount of time it feels like." Tobin shrugged.

"You missing anyone special like..." Perry started but Tobin's phone ringing cut her off.

Tobin pulled out her phone and saw it was Alex so she answered it.

"Hello."

"Hey, babe. My flight just landed." Alex said through the phone.

"I'm glad you got in safe and I saw you had Christen on your flight so I'm glad you weren't bored. Are you with your parents and sisters right now then?" Tobin replied while walking out of the living room. 

"No not yet. They are picking me up so I'm actually looking for them right now. How was your flight? Are you home right now?"

"Yeah I got home around thirty minutes ago. Perry and my family picked me up at the airport and so I'm just chilling at our house right now with her."

"Have you told her about..."

"Not yet, Lex. But I will." Tobin turned and saw that Perry had followed her in to the kitchen. "She's actually listening to this conversation right now so she's probably wondering what the heck we are talking about." Tobin shooed her away before walking out to the back patio.

"Tell her hi for me. Okay I just found my family so I got to go. I love you."

"Tell them hi for me. And love you too." Tobin said before Alex hung up.

Tobin walked back into the house and ran straight into an awaiting Perry.

"Alex says hi." Tobin shrugged.

"Anything else? Like why you were so concerned about her flight landing? And why she called you right after she landed?"

Tobin groaned and sat on the couch. "Do you care about me, Perry?"

Perry was taken back by the question and sat down by her sister. "Of course. What's up?"

"I'm dating someone that I don't think mom or dad will approve of and I'm just not sure how to tell them."

"You're talking about Alex aren't you?"

Now it was Tobin's turn to be taken back by a question. "H-how did you know?"