Chapter Fifty-Six

Chapter 56:

"Good morning." Alex mumbled against Tobin's collarbone.

Tobin yawned, "Good morning."

Alex sat up, yawning and stretching, throwing the covers off of her.

"Remember we are going to go look at that house we both liked this morning." Tobin said with her eyes still closed.

"I know. So you should probably get up." Alex chuckled throwing Tobin a fresh shirt.

"I'm up, babe. I'm up." Tobin joked smiling at her.

An hour or so later, they were in front of their potential home.

"It's prettier in person." Alex said holding onto Tobin's hand as Denise opened the front door.

Denise gave a small laugh, "If you think the outside is pretty wait until you see the inside."

They toured the entire house, Alex wanted to see every room and asked every important question while Tobin just chilled behind taking in the environment.

"So do you two have any more questions?" Denise asked once they got back to the front door.

"Yeah," Tobin said finally speaking up, "how much per month?"

"It is a little high for your price range but not much. It's $1800 a month."

"I know it's $300 more than we want to spend but babe I think-" Alex started.

Tobin cut her off, "We'll take it."

"What?" Alex asked being caught off guard.

"You love it and I think it fits us. I don't think we are going to get much better than this. So yeah let's live here."

Alex smiled at her. "Wow okay. Denise, do you have the paperwork?"

"Yep right here." She said laying out all the papers onto the counter.

Alex reached for the pen and pulled out her checkbook to put down the first payment but Tobin snatched the pen out of her hand.

"I'm paying the first payment. Just think of it as a thank you for all those flights you bought to visit me in Paris." Tobin said quickly writing her own check and handing it to Denise.

Alex pouted, "Fine but I think soon we need to create a joint bank account."

"Deal." Tobin winked.

"Okay so just sign here, here, and here. And your three month lease will go in affect."

Alex and Tobin co-signed the lease so it would be under both of their names.

Denise smiled at them and handed over the keys. "Congrats. This is your new home!"

Tobin and Alex both thanked her before she left, leaving them in a completely empty house.

"Our new home." Tobin smiled hugging Alex around her waist.

Alex matched her smile, "Ours. I like the sound of that."

"You do realize we have to go buy every piece of furniture now?"

"But at least now we don't have to do it again whenever we move into our forever home."

Tobin couldn't help but smile wider at the word, forever, "Let's go shopping."

The couple walked around IKEA for who knows how many hours, comparing colors and different styles, trying to agree on a common type.