Chapter Fifty Part One

((Disclaimer: obviously the celebration is different cause it's fanfiction and there's couples. So yeah no one message me about it)

Chapter 50 Part 1:

Four years in the making.

Four years of constant training to get back to this point.

But this year, they wouldn't accept anything less than the gold.

Every player woke up knowing they had a job to do on the pitch. Tensions weren't necessarily high at breakfast but nerves did feel the room.

They ate in almost complete silence and Kling didn't like it cause that's not their style.

"Okay listen up!" She said loudly standing up. "Why are we all acting like our dog died? It's game day more important it's the final! Shouldn't we all be excited instead of nervous? Like hell we got this!"

Everyone cracked a smile and let out a sigh of relief.

"We got this." Kling repeated.

"Hell yeah!" Pinoe yelled in agreement and that made the team burst out in laughter.

After Kling's speech, everyone lightened up and started talking and joking with each other.

Most of the team headed up to their respected room to chill before the game but Moe headed to Cheney's room instead.

She knocked on the door lightly and ARod answered.

"Hey ARod do you mind if I talk to Cheney alone?" Moe asked.

"Go right ahead." ARod replied giving her a small smile.

Moe entered the room and saw Cheney on the couch reading the bible but she looked up as she heard the door close behind ARod.

"Oh hey." Cheney smiled at her but once she made eye contact with Morgan, she frowned. "What's wrong?"

Morgan went and sat next to her. "Do you have to retire?"

Cheney knew this was a serious topic so she put down the bible and turned to face the rookie.

"Yeah I do."

"I know." She sighed. "I just...I've only had like two years with you. You taught me how to play center mid, you give me the best advice. I don't want to lose you yet."

"Moe, you are an amazing center mid and you're not losing me."

Morgan let out a shaky breath. "It feels like I am. I feel like I'm losing my older sister who taught me all my life skills because she's going to college or something."

Cheney put an arm around the youngin' and pulled her close.

"Hey hey hey. I'm still here, you'll be fine. You will be the best defensive center mid this team has ever had."

"Ugh this sucks." Morgan sighed leaning into Cheney.

"It will be okay especially after we win the gold." She smiled.

Morgan gave a small smile.

"How's Amy doing?"

"She's hanging on, I don't think she's thought about it much."

"Thank you, Chen, for everything."

"No problem, Mo Mo."

Morgan groaned and shoved Cheney off of her.

"I hate when you call me that." She whined.

Cheney just laughed ignoring the comment, "Go be with your bff before the game, she's probably lonely."