Chapter Fifty-Nine

Chapter 59:

"Colors?" Jeri asked as they sat around the dinner table.

"Baby blue and silver." Tobin blurted out making both Jeri and Alex look at her, "What? Just because I'm not into fashion doesn't mean I'm not into planning my own wedding."

Alex smiled at her fiancée, "I like those colors, perfect for a beach wedding and yet not bright to overwhelm our quests."

"Ooo speaking of guests," Jeri said pulling out another sheet of paper, "You two need to create one like right now."

Tobin gave her a shocked look, "Hold on you expect us to narrow it down right now?! Do you know how many people we know?"

"Yes Tobin I know you and Alex are both famous that's why it can only be family, family friends, and teammates."

Alex shook her head and started scrolling through her contacts while Tobin did the same.

As time passed, they put together a list of about 500 and as more time passed, it was narrowed to 300.

Jeri's hand was cramping as she continued to write and cross out names and Alex and Tobin have yet to finish their contact lists.

"We should have just eloped." Tobin jokingly said putting down her phone.

"Vegas is always an option." Alex smirked at her.

Jeri shook her head furiously, "No no no, we are having you guys have a proper wedding."

Finally with hard work and dedication and some arguing, they had their list down to 150 which was a good number for the both of them.

"Okay guest list done now on to the official date." Jeri said looking down her check list, "So let's start with the month."

Tobin quickly looked at Alex wanting to know her first choice before she said her own.

"Well before the Olympics but after the NWSL season yet not on a victory tour date." Alex pointed out which made Tobin laugh, "What's so funny?"

After her laughter stopped, Tobin replied, "Oh just how much stuff we have to avoid in order to have our wedding."

Alex just rolled her eyes, "Anyways, I think we should do November. It should be perfect temperature here and it gives us enough to plan it. Sound good, babe?"

"Yeah it does, what anything to drink?" She asks standing up, placing a kiss on her cheek.

"I'm good."

"What? You're not going to ask me?" Jeri joked pretending to be hurt, "But can you please grab me a water?"

"Of course." Tobin replied grabbing both and Jeri a bottle before sitting back down, scooting her chair closer to Alex and draping an arm around the back of her chair.

"Anyways, okay so November. Now we need a date." She said clicking her pen up and down.

The couple turned towards each other.

"Um does it really matter?" Tobin asked.

"Well it should be a Friday or Saturday, so let's see," Alex opened her calendar app and began looking, "how bout the 14th? It's a Saturday and neither of us have anything going on."

"Sounds good. I'll text my family and see if it works for them. Now can we be done with the wedding planning for today? I'm honestly worn out." Tobin complained.

Jeri closed her binder, "Yeah we can be done."

"Thank God. I'm going to go shower real quick." Tobin said before leaning in close to Alex's ear, "Come join me if you want."