Chapter Fifty-Three

Chapter 53:

The next morning the team had to wake up somewhat early because the LA Live event was at noon.

Alex woke to the sound of Tobin's voice.

"Good morning." Alex groaned rubbing her eyes.

Tobin pulled the phone away from her, "Good morning. Give me a second."

"Yes one or two room apartments."
"Preferably towards the center of Portland."
"We haven't really talked budget but something reasonably priced. Like $1200-$1500 a month."
"Okay thank you."

Tobin hung up the phone.

"Okay good morning beautiful." She said proudly, giving Alex a kiss on the forehead.

"Who were you on the phone with?" Alex asked sleepily.

"Your friend, Denice, that's a realtor. I took your phone this morning and called her to start looking for apartments. She said she'll send over some choices here shortly."

"Hmm that's nice, do I have to get of bed?"

"I guess not." Tobin laughed and grab Alex's laptop off the desk. "Move over."

Alex scooted over making room for her fiancée. Tobin sat with her back against the headrest.

"Looks like Denice already found some for us to look out." Tobin said scrolling through her email.

Alex cuddled against Tobin's side, "Ooooo I wanna see."

"Oh so you are awake?" She smirked clicking on the first option.

"Shut up."

"Sassy. But anyways so it's a two bedroom apartment with one bathroom, kitchen, living room and balcony. It's located approximately 10 minutes from Providence Park. Nothing really special."

"Next!" Alex said clicking the mouse to move to the next one. "This ones pretty."

The couple continued looking at apartments for about twenty minutes and neither found any they really loved until another one came into their inbox.

"Alex, Tobin." The email read. "I know you said you both wanted an apartment but I did manage to find a lovely rental house near Providence Park and the best part is that you can sign a three month lease with it. I suggest checking it out. -Denise."

Tobin clicked the link and her jaw dropped when she saw the house, "Wow."

Alex nodded in agreement. "Dang Denise is really good at her job."

The house was a two bedroom, two bathrooms, and two stories. The first story was the living room, kitchen, and bathroom. And upstairs was the two bedrooms and another bathroom. There was a small, grassy backyard that was fenced and a patio out front. The entire house was painted white with very little red trim around the windows and door.

"I love it." Alex whispered as they clicked through the pictures.

"Do we really need a full house though like its only us?"

"Yeah but we could have team dinners or get a dog...babe can we get a dog?!" Alex asked excitedly.

"Lex, we are not getting a dog. And let's think about it, we haven't even seen it in person yet."

Alex pouted then leaned up, placing a kiss on Tobin's jaw.

"How bout now?"

Tobin rolled her eyes. "Seduction isn't going to work."

"Oh really?" She questioned grabbing the laptop off of Tobin's lap, shutting it.

"I still need to thank Denise for her help."