Chapter Twenty-Six

Chapter 26:
((This is really just a filler chapter so I'm sorry that it's kinda bad))

The flight from Winnipeg to Vancouver was only about three hours so the team wasn't complaining too much.

"Okay now that you two," Ashlyn said pointing to Christen and Julie, "can't run from any questions. How the hell did this start?"

Julie looked at Christen and she just shrugged.

"Okay well obviously we've been best friends for a while and then when we both ended up playing for Chicago, we got even closer. Then when we went to club, we may or may not have made out in the alley way. I was drunk so Christen thought I didn't remember it and neither of us brought it up. Of course that made things worse and I walked in on Christen telling Alex that is was the best kiss of her life." Right after Julie said that Christen lightly slapped her. "What was that for?"

"They didn't need to know that." She whined.

"I'm sorry." Julie smiled before intertwining their fingers. "Anyways she left the room, leaving me no time to process what happened. Alex told me to go find her so I went and did that. She was sitting by a cliff on that hiking trail she wouldn't stop talking about so I sat next to her and just let me feelings out. It's easy to explain your feelings when you know that the person likes you back." Julie said brushing her thumb across Christen's hand.

"Oh my god. How many cute couples are on this team?" Syd groaned.

"My question is why does someone always end up running out making the other person chase after them? Like Ali ran out of the room when she overheard Ashlyn say that she was no longer a player because she was too in love with her. Alex ran out of breakfast and Tobin had to find her. And now Press bolted making Julie go find her." Cheney stated.

"Hold on. Does anyone know how Hope and Kelley got together?" Pinoe asked and everyone shook their heads no.

"HOPE AND KELLEY! Come here please!" Alex half yelled since Hope and Kelley were all the way in the back.

"Do we have to go up there?" Kelley mumbled into Hope's neck.

"Nope." Hope smiled.

"They're not coming up here." Tobin pointed out.

HAO rolled her eyes. "Thanks captain obvious. I guess who just have to go back there then!"

The group moved as one to the back of plane.

"What do you guys want?" Hope glared as Kelley sat up from leaning against her.

"We want to know how you and Kelley got together. And please don't tell me that one of you ran." Pinoe said.

Kelley and Hope looked at each, sighing. Both knowing that they weren't gonna get out of this.

"So it happened when we had that off day in Colorado and most of you went on that hike. Hope was in my room, watching a movie with me when she made a comment that I won't repeat to save her reputation but anyways I rolled over and our faces were only like two inches apart. We were gonna kiss but...Alex knocked on the door announcing she was back from the-"

"In my defense, I felt terrible right when I saw Hope in the room." Alex blurted out.

"So Hope left in a hurry even though Alex said that she would go over to Tobin's room if we were still doing something. Not much after she left, she texted me saying we needed to talk so we met on the roof. She started rambling about how she likes me but I deserve better so we could never happen blah blah blah. And I shut her up by kissing her and now we are here."

"So no one technically ran out but Hope still walked away when feelings were being surfaced. Can no one here just straight up admit their feelings and have the other person stay to listen?" Amy joked which earned a glares from every couple.

"Okay okay I just want to clear something up. So Tobin and Alex have been dating for...?" Morgan asked.

"We started dating on March 27th so about two and a half months." Alex answered.

Morgan nodded. "And Ali and Ashlyn, you two have been dating for...?"

"We started dating on September 5, 2012 so a little over two and a half years." Ali replied.

"Hope and Kelley?"

"Um it was April 9th. So it was our two months was just four days ago." Hope shrugged.

"And I know that JJ and Press have been together for what?"

"Three, four days." Christen smiled.

"Okay now we have all the couples sorted out, who wants to make bets about who is going to get married first?" Syd smirked.

"I bet Alex and Tobin." Kling shouted out.

"I'm going with Ash and Ali because they've been together the longest." Abby chimed in which made everyone turn. "Hey just cause I'm a veteran doesn't mean that I don't listen to your gossip."

"It's either going to be Ash and Ali or Tobin and Alex let's be real. Sorry Hope and Kels, I don't see you guys rushing into anything big soon. And JJ and Press, you two are super young so yeah." Cheney shrugged.

"You guys do know we are right here?" Julie said pointing to all the couples.

"Okay then tell us. Which one of you guys are going to get married to first?" Kling asked.

All of them turned to look at each other, not quite sure what to say.

"No comment." Ash mumbled and everyone else agreed.

"Come on, Ash. It's been over two years when are you going to finally propose?" Pinoe joked.

"Pinoe, they haven't even came out as a couple yet. Do you really think they are going to get married anytime soon?" Carli asked annoyed.

"It could happen. Abby basically did that!" Pinoe argued.

"But for real why aren't you guys out yet?" ARod asked.

"We just don't see the point of having the whole world know about us. Like I would love to be able kiss her in public and do couple things but it's just hard being a professional athlete and having a lot of eyes on you. It's just easier I guess." Ashlyn said and Ali held her hand.

"The world wouldn't care if you two are together look at Ella and Erin. They made a statement by coming out, I think you guys should. Speaking of coming out, have any of you guys talked about doing it?" Whitney asked looking at the other couples.

"Me and Alex have talked about it a little. We're thinking after the World Cup, we should make an announcement."

"Me and Hope haven't really discussed it. I think we won't come out anytime soon though."

"Me and Christen just started dating so we haven't had any time to think about that."

"LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, PREPARE FOR LANDING PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR SEATS WITH YOUR SEAT BELTS ON" the pilot said over the intercom ending their discussion.