Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter 21:

Hope and Kelley were cuddling together when Hope's phone went off.

Kelley groaned. "Don't get up and check it."

"I need to, babe. It could be something team related." Hope replied kissing her before getting up.

The text was from Alex and she just shook her head as she read it.

"Who was it from?" Kelley asked from the bed.

"Oh just Kling asking if I want to go get dinner with her and Becky. You wanna come?" Hope lied.

"Yeah sure I'm hungry." Kelley said jumping off the bed.

Hope sent Alex a text saying the plan was in motion and they could start.

She led the Kelley into the hallway and headed straight towards Alex and Tobin's room which luckily was right next to Kling's.

"YOURE SO DIFFICULT!" Tobin yelled at Alex.

"YOURE THE ONE WHO IS MAD AT ME FOR NO REASON!"

"I HAVE A REASON AND YOU KNOW THAT! IM DONE!"

Kelley cringed at Tobin's words as she halted in front of their door.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Alex's voice dropped with a hint of sadness.

"Yes Alex. I am." Tobin said opening the door and quickly looking at Hope and Kelley.

Kelley just stared with her mouth open, processing the fact that she just made her two best friends break up.

Tobin stormed off and into Cheney's room before texting Alex.

Kelley heard the whole thing. I'm gonna send a text to the rest of the team telling them about our plan to make Kelley feel bad and that we actually didn't break up. Love you. -Tobs

Okay sounds good. Love you too. -Lex

"Hope what have I done? My stupid idea was the reason why they got into this fight." Kelley pleaded at Hope.

Hope had to hold back from telling Kelley it was just a prank because she hated seeing her girlfriend sad. "Let's just go to bed."

"Yeah okay." Kelley sighed walking back to her room with Hope in tow.

Hope put Kelley to bed and promised to stay with her but she texted Tobin first.

Kelley's in bed now. You can go back to your room. -Hope

Thanks and please don't tell her that this is just a prank. We hate seeing her sad also but she needs to learn to stay out of our personal lives sometimes. Lol -Tobin

Hope sighed, putting her phone down before climbing into bed with her girlfriend.

The next morning, everyone besides Kelley knew that Alex and Tobin had made up and were back to being a overly cute couple.

"Oh lovebirds. Hope just texted me saying her and Kelley are coming down for breakfast." Pinoe yelled across the room.

"Okay back to hating each other. I love you." Tobin smiled.

"Yeah yeah I love you too. Now get away from me." Alex joked before giving her a kiss.

Tobin hurried across the room and sat as far away from Alex as she could right before Kelley and Hope walked in. Kelley grabbed her breakfast and sat next to Alex.

"Alex I'm sorry. I didn't mean for my plan to end in you two breaking up."

"It's fine, Kelley." Alex snapped back.

Hope just watched and felt bad for her. She agreed that Kelley was in the wrong for coming up with the idea but Alex and Tobin were kinda going to the extreme of making her feel bad.

Breakfast ended and the team went to their weight session. Alex and Tobin managed to stay away from each other and Kelley was feeling worse with every minute she saw her two best friends stay away from each other. After weights, the team went to lunch together and again Alex and Tobin avoided each other.

"I'm such a bad friend." Kelley whined to Cheney.

"So you've learned your lesson that you shouldn't try to mess with other people's personal lives?"

Kelley looked from Alex then to Tobin. "Yeah I'm never suggesting a stupid plan again."

"Okay guys. She's learned her lesson!" Cheney announced to the team and smiles broke across both of their faces.

Alex and Tobin stood up and went over to Kelley. "So you've learned your lesson?"

Kelley was confused. "Wait you two aren't mad at each other? You two aren't broken up? What?"

"No we made up right after the game yesterday and decided that you needed to learn that sometimes you need to stay out of other people's lives." Tobin said. "Hope was in on it so was the rest of the team."

"Hold on. Hope was in on it?" Kelley gritted through her teeth while looking at her girlfriend.

"Woah it wasn't my idea. They just told me not to tell you. I wanted to right when I saw how sad you were but I promised them and I don't break my promises." Hope pleaded trying not to let an argument happen between them.

"Fine." Kelley huffed out. "Only because you promised them. But I'm still a little mad that you let me feel terrible about myself last night and today."

"And I'm sorry but look they are still together. All is good." Hope said with a small smile.

"You're lucky I love you." Kelley mumbled out and Hope let out a sigh of relief. "And now onto you two! I seriously thought I made you two break up! I felt so crappy."

"Yeah sorry about that but we just wanted to show you a lesson." Alex admitted sheepishly.

Kelley groaned. "Ugh okay I agree. I deserved that."

Pinoe clapped her hands together. "Well the three best friends have made up, the perfect couple is back together, that means everything is back to normal."

Alex, Kelley, and Tobin just rolled their eyes and laughed.

"Okay, ladies! Time for training!" Jill said bursting through the door.

"And I'm totally getting you two back." Kelley yelled back at Alex and Tobin as she walked out the door.

Tobin raised an eyebrow. "Should we be scared?"

"I don't think so. She's like a cute, cuddly squirrel. Can she really do anything that bad to us?"

"Some squirrels are quite feisty though and it's Kelley were talking about."

"Oh shit." Alex mumbled realizing what they just started.