Chapter Sixty-Two

Chapter 62:

"Mmm babe."

"Babe."

"TOBIN!" Alex finally yelled realizing her fiancée wasn't waking up.

Tobin opened her eyes to find Alex on top of her, "Hmm good morning."

That made Alex glare at her and cross her arms, "Anything else?"

She pretended to think for a little bit, "It's game day."

"That's it?"

"Hmm," Tobin hummed, wrapping her arms around Alex's waist, "I think so."

"Ugh," Alex groaned, trying to climb off of Tobin but Tobin stopped her."

Tobin pulled her back down, "I know what today is." She said playing with the ring on Alex's finger, "It is August 5th, exactly a month after I proposed to you after the World Cup final."

Kissing the ring, Tobin smiled, "I don't know what was more special, winning the World Cup or having you say yes."

Alex swooned over her words and flashback to the exact moment.

She remembered walking towards Tobin, almost movie like, right after the final whistle blew. Once Tobin got about a foot away, she called to an assistant coach who then tossed her something. Before Alex had time to ask, Tobin was down on one knee saying some long speech that honestly she wasn't listening to. It was truly the best day of her life.

"Alex....Alex....ALEX!"

She snapped out of her flashback and looked down at Tobin.

"Did you hear me? I said I have a surprise for you but its downstairs. So we need to get up."

"Okay," Alex replied giving her a quick peck on the lips.

They walked down the stairs, hand in hand with Tobin leading the way.

"Have a mentioned how much I love our new house? Like we've been her around two weeks but it really feels like home."

Tobin looked back, "It really is."

Once they reached the kitchen, Tobin lifted Alex onto the counter which made Alex giggle slightly. Tobin turned to go get the surprise but Alex stopped her by grabbing her wrist.

"I'll be right back, Lex." She laughed.

Alex pouted, "I know but you still haven't given me as true kiss yet."

That's all Tobin needed to hear before she closed the gap and moved her hands across Alex's lower back.

Tobin ran her tongue across her bottom lip asking for permission and shockingly Alex denied it by pulling away.

"Surprise first, this second."

Rolling her eyes jokingly, Tobin left the kitchen to head out to the patio grabbing the surprise.

"Ready?" She called from outside the door.

"Yes!"

"Close your eyes."

Agreeing, Alex did just that and she could hear the door swing open then back close.

Tobin stood directly in front of her, "Okay open your eyes."

Seeing the sight in front of her, Alex started to tear up from happiness.

Tobin was holding in her arms an adorable border collie puppy that couldn't be more than a few months old.

"Oh my god," Alex squealed, "When? How?"

Tobin handed the dog over to her, "When we got back from your parents' house about two weeks ago, I started looking around at local shelters and adoption centers and I found this cute little guy up for adoption so I adopted him almost right away and Sincy was nice enough to let him stay at her house until today."