Chapter Thirty-One

Chapter 31:

"So you understand?" Tobin asked Kelley.

Kelley nodded. "Yes. But how you guys not panicking?! Like every reporter is going to ask about your relationship."

"We can handle it, Kels. But I do suggest you and Hope don't go out on any public dates anytime soon unless you want to end up like us." Alex laughed.

"Oh trust me. We won't. But we better get to breakfast, the veterans are probably freaking out."

Tobin groaned. "Oh they did. Carli bursted in here at like 6:30 with all of them and was screaming at us. She's fine now."

"Sounds like Carli." Kelley laughed. "Well I'm gonna go get Hope then head down for breakfast. See you guys in a bit."

Tobin and Alex said goodbye then laid back down on the bed.

Alex sighed. "Teammates. They are a handful."

"Let's just get to breakfast." Tobin said, standing up and offering Alex her hand.

"You two look cute on the front page." Pinoe joked right when they walked in.

The couple just rolled their eyes and took a seat.

"Wow you guys are pretty calm about this whole thing, shouldn't you be like freaking-" Cheney started but Jill cut her off.

"Good morning, ladies. I'm guessing most of you have heard the news that happened last night and I've already talk to them about it and so have the veterans so there is no need to bring it up again. Just remember do not answer any question involving their relationship. Now finish breakfast and let's get going!"

Training went by fine but it went downhill fast when the reporters showed up.

"Carli, care to comment on Alex's and Tobin's relationship?"

"No."

"Hope, if Tobin and Alex are dating, isn't that a distraction?"

"No comment."

"No comment because it's true?" The guy asked.

"If you aren't going to ask about soccer, then why are you a soccer reporter?" Hope retaliated.

"Alex, Tobin! Care to comment about the new story that was just released this morning?" A reporter called out to them as they boarded the bus.

"Thanks a lot, you two!" Hope glared at them as she walked past.

"Look we're sorry this happened but we didn't do this on purpose and this morning, you were fine with the whole situation." Alex called back to her.

"That's because I didn't know how big it would be to the reporters. And yeah you two are pretty idiotic to go on a date in complete public!" Hope fired back.

"We're sorry! What more to you want?" Tobin stood up looking back at Hope.

Hope rolled her eyes. "I think you two should make a statement about your relationship. Tell the world you're a couple so people can move on."

"It's not that easy, Hope. How would you feel if we were to tell you and Kelley to come out right now?" Alex asked.

"That would never happen because I wouldn't be stupid enough to let this happen!"

"Hope, calm down. It's not a big deal, we need to stay focus on the Columbia game coming up." Kelley said grabbing her hand.

"I'm sorry that I care enough about Alex to actually take her on dates. When's the last time you've taken Kelley on a date?!" Tobin spat at her.