Chapter Thirty-Six

Chapter 36:

"Kelley, open up!" Alex said knocking on the door.

"Well good evening, Alex." Hope laughed as she opened the door.

Alex ignored Hope and went straight to Kelley.

"Kelley Ohara. I'm not happy with you!"

"What did I do know?" She groaned, turning off the tv.

"Me and Tobin are in a game now of who can hold off longer and it's all your fault!"

Kelley laughed. "Okay that isn't my fault. I just told you to tease Tobin, I never intended it to become a game between you two."

"This sucks cause I don't want to lose but I don't know how much longer I can hold off."

"Is this seriously what you two discuss?" Hope chuckled from the other bed.

"Yes, babe." Kelley said sticking out her tongue.

"Seriously, Kelley. It's like Tobin doesn't get sexually frustrated. She gets into the moment but then she can just like switch it off like that."

"I don't know what to tell you." Kelley laughed.

"Ugh well Tobin thinks I'm spending her money right now at the spa so is it fine if I chill in here for about an hour?"

"Yes""No"

Kelley and Hope responded at the same and with one look for Kelley, Hope changed her answer.

"Fine. You can stay."

Suddenly, another knock came.

"Why is everyone coming to our room?" Hope complained as Kelley went to the door this time.

"Alex!" She hissed. "It's Tobin. Get in the closet."

Alex quickly jumped into the closet right when Kelley opened the door.

"Hey, Kels. Can I talk to you?" Tobin asked while walking into the room and Hope walked out, mumbling something about getting a smoothie.

"What's up?"

"Well you're the only one I can discuss with."

"Okay?"

"My mom called." She said shyly not knowing Alex was in the closet next to her. "And she was asking questions about me and Alex's relationship. Then she was like, "when's the wedding?" I was so confused and she was like "oh I thought by now you two would be engaged?" And that got me thinking, because I know I want to marry Alex and it's kinda funny because..."

Tobin slowly pulled out a square box and Kelley gasped.

"I already bought a ring and obviously I'm not going to propose anytime soon but I'm thinking after the World Cup and once we settle down in our new apartment, I think I'm going to ask her to marry me."

Alex let out a gasp but quickly covered her mouth.

"Wow. I can't say I'm surprised. But are you sure? This soon?" Kelley quickly eyed the closet then looked back at Tobin.

"Yeah I'm 27 years old and I've spent the last 4 years of my life in love with my best friend but too shy to tell her. So yeah I'm ready to get married to Alex."

Kelley felt bad that Alex was in the closet without Tobin knowing but she wasn't about to tell her.

"I gotta say Tobin, I'm very proud of you. Just make sure I'm a bridesmaid."

"Of course!" Tobin laughed. "I better get back to the room before Alex gets back. And I need to put the ring back in its safe place."

Tobin left and Kelley immediately opened the closet to find a ghostly Alex.