Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter 24:

*flashback to right before Christen came into Alex's room*

"Julie! Where's my hair tie and has Kelley came back yet?" Christen called from the bathroom.

"I don't know and I think Kelley is still in Hope's room." JJ replied, flipping through her magazine.

Christen groaned and walked out of the bathroom.

"I told you to put it on your night stand but no you didn't listen to me." Julie joked, laughing under her breath.

She was turning the page of the magazine when Christen ripped it from her hands and climbed on top of her. "You're a jerk." She glared and started tickling her sides.

Julie started laughing and squirming under her.

"Chri-Christen stop I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

She tried to flip their positions but ended up making them both fall onto the floor.

"Oomph." Julie groaned as Christen landed on top of her.

"Oh my god." Christen said putting her hands on Julie's shoulders and extending her arms, creating a small gap between them. "I'm sorry."

"It's all good. You're quite light actually." She said laughing.

"Was that a compliment?"

Julie contemplated for a second. "I think so."

The comment made both of them burst out laughing again and Julie had to move her hands to Christen's hips to stabilize her since she was still on top.

Christen's breath caught in her throat when she felt Julie's hands on her and forced her to finally look down at the girl under her.

"Shit, you're beautiful." Christen whispered, not realizing she said it aloud.

"What was that?" Julie asked.

"Um..." She mumbled, looking around. "I said my hair tie is on your wrist."

Christen moved her hand and snapped the hair tie before getting up off of her and offering a hand up.

Julie took her hand and jumped to her feet. "Sorry, Pressy. I forgot I took it for my run this morning."

"Uh, no it's fine." Christen replied, running her head through her hair.

"Are you-"

"Hey I'm back!" Kelley yelled while walking into the room.

"Okay I better go then. Becky is probably getting lonely." Julie joked before giving Christen a hug.

"Btw I heard what you actually said." She whispered into her ear before winking and walking out.

"What was with the wink?" Kelley asked.

"Uh n-nothing. I'm gonna go talk to Alex." She stuttered out.

*end of flashback*

Alex raised an eyebrow. "So that's why you think you like Julie more than a friend because you accidentally called her beautiful and she heard you?"

"It's more than that, Alex. I think you're pretty and Tobin is cute but I would never call you beautiful. And when she whispered into my ear that she heard me, I got all flustered and embarrassed then she winked at me!"

"I think you're very confused with yourself right now, Press. You're over reacting about the whole situation."

"It's more than that, Alex!"