Chapter Sixty-Nine Part Two

Chapter 69 Part 2:

Ali and Ashlyn went into an empty room while everyone got ready for the reception and it's truly the first time they've been alone since the morning. Ali stood in a front of a full length mirror, fixing her hair quickly and making sure her makeup wasn't smeared by her crying.

"You are beautiful." Ashlyn whispered standing behind her.

Letting out a deep breathe, Ali closed her eyes, "I couldn't be happier right now."

Ashlyn smiled, "I couldn't agree more."

Ali turned to face her, "Hmm I much I would love to just skip the rest of our wedding and get you in bed."

"Digging the tux, aren't you?" She smirked.

"I would dig it a lot more off," Ali said seductively, tugging at the jacket.

Ashlyn just gave her a kiss on the lips, "You can take it off tonight, but first we need to celebrate with our family and friends.

Ashlyn slid off her jacket and put it on the back of a chair, rerolling her sleeves back up to her biceps.

Kyle opened the door, "Ali, Ash they're ready for you."

"Let's go," Ashlyn said grabbing Ali's hand.

****

The gals were all sitting by each other in the reception space.

"Hey Hope," Tobin said across the table, "when are you popping the question?"

Luckily Kelley was in the bathroom so Hope didn't feel awkward about it, "Um I'm not sure."

"Come on, Hope. You want to marry her, don't you? What's the wait?" Pinoe who was also at their table asked.

"I mean it's been less than a year since I got divorced. I just don't want to rush into anything right now."

Alex raised an eyebrow, "So you don't want to marry her?"

"No of course I want to marry her. Would it make you guys feel better if I said I already have the ring?"

All of them turned and looked at each other, "Yeah."

By then, Kelley was back so the conversation was dropped for the time being.

"Attention please." The DJ called over the microphone, "I would like to introduce for the first time Mrs. And Mrs. Ashlyn Krieger-Harris."

Ali and Ash walked hand in hand into the room, getting applauds from their audience.

"Ash, looks so happy." Kelley whispered into Hope's ear.

Hope smiled, "They're truly perfect for each other."

Dinner was served then it was time for the first dance so everyone gathered around the dance floor.

"Don't step on my toes." Ali joked as Ashlyn pulled her towards the middle.

"Don't let me trip over myself." Ashlyn replied with.

Once they reached the middle of the dance floor, the music began to play.

"This is my love song to you
Let every woman know I'm yours
So you can fall asleep each night, babe
And know I'm dreaming of you more"

Ashlyn held Ali's left hand in hers with her other arm around her waist. Ali placed her free hand on Ashlyn's shoulder as they began to move along with the beat.

"You're always hoping that we make it
You always want to keep my gaze
Well you're the only one I see
And that's the one thing that won't change"