Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19:

Tobin let Abby walk her back to the hotel, only because her face was throbbing.

"Come on, we can go to Christie's room so you can explain why you started a bar fight basically and I can get ice for your face." Abby said pushing the up button in the elevator.

Tobin just nodded, not in the mood to fight with a veteran. Abby knocked on Christie's door and she opened it almost immediately.

"Tobin, what happened?" She said covering her mouth in shock.

"I'll let you explain and I'll go get your ice." Abby said walking down the hall.

Christie let Tobin in and she plopped down on the coach, sighing.

"Now tell me what happened?" Christie asked in a serious, mom tone while sitting next to her.

"You know how the team went to the club up the street? Well some guy was dancing with Alex and I got jealous so I may have punched him which resulted in me getting punched." Tobin said quietly.

"Well I'm glad you're okay. But seriously, Tobin, you need to be smarter. What would have happened if someone would have called the cops and you got arrested? You could have been kicked off the team."

"I know, Capt! I was an idiot and immature and now Alex hates me." Tobin said ruffling her hand through her hair.

"You're lucky I'm not going to report this to the coaches. The only reason I'm not is because this is the first time you've messed up. But don't make a habit out of it."

"I won't. I promise. I was just jealous and I regret it. I regret it mostly because I hurt Alex in the process."

"Tell her that. She'll forgive you." Christie smiled a little.

Abby walked through the door with an ice pack and handed it to Tobin.

"Make sure you ice it so it doesn't swell." Abby warned.

"I will." Tobin said placing the ice on the side of her face.

"Did she tell you everything, Capt?" Abby asked.

"Yeah I've already talked to her. She knows not to do it again."

"Okay now go get your girl back, Tobs." Abby said with a small smile.

"Thanks guys. I promise I won't mess up again." Tobin sighed before walking to her and Alex's room.

"Alex, can I come in?" She said lightly knocking on the door.

"No." Was the only reply she got.

"Come on, Lex. I'm sorry, I acted out and I know I did. Just let me apologize."

Tobin heard the door unlock so she swiped her key card and opened it. She found Alex sitting cross legged at the end of the bed with her arms crossed and a straight face.

"Look, Lex. I know you're mad at me."

"No shit." Alex mumbled.

"But I already talked to Christie and Abby about my behavior. I already apologized to them so here I am, ready to apologize to you."

Alex just glared at her but she continued anyway. 

"Okay I'm sorry that I overreacted. I'm sorry I didn't trust you to be alone with a guy. I'm sorry I didn't listen. I'm sorry I just didn't walk away. I'm sorry I hurt you when all I was trying to do was protect you. I'm sorry for being overprotective. I'm not use to being jealous and it doesn't help that I'm madly in love with you. I want you all for myself and I know that isn't possible and I need to not be so possessive. And mostly I was wrong. I admit I was wrong about the whole situation. But please don't be mad at me. I love you too much to lose you over some stupid bar fight."