Epilogue

Epilogue

After the wedding, Alex and Tobin left for Paris about a week after and definitely went through the honeymoon stage. They spent about two weeks in Paris and Tobin loved showing Alex all the small things.

Ali and Ashlyn went on their honeymoon to Portugal around the same time and spent a more relaxing time just chilling on the beach and Ashlyn teaching Ali how to surf.

Kelley and Hope decided to get married after the Olympics since they knew trying to find time before was going to be too hard.

Julie and Christen continued to live in their apartment in Chicago together, still growing together.

ARod and Tobin got used to not having Cheney at camps even though it was hard at first. She still calls both of them frequently to keep them updated with her pregnancy. The due date was while both of them will be at the Olympics sadly but they both agreed to go visit right when they got back.

As the team went to the Olympics, they felt more confident because they were all older and better. Everything was clicking for them and in the end, it paid off. They ended up beating Germany 1-0 in the final with a goal from Crystal Dunn.

When they arrived back, Ashlyn and Ali talked and Ashlyn decided to retire after the victory tour so her and Ali could start a family and one of them could be there for their kid. And they also decided to buy a house in Florida since Ashlyn was going to be the one home more often.

Tobin, Alex, and ARod all went and visited Cheney who had a healthy baby girl on July 29th. Tobin joked that the kid was going to hate both basketball and soccer. While ARod thought she would grow up to be just like her mom and become an all star on the national team.

All the couples had three years to do what they wanted before they had to go back to full time national duties. And each couple spent their time in different ways.

MARCH 2019

"Lex, we need to get going or else we are gonna miss our plane to New York for camp!" Tobin called standing by the door with their suitcases.

The married couple of over three years still lived in the same Portland house that they rented after the 2015 World Cup.

Kona, who was no longer a puppy, came bounding down the stairs almost tackling Tobin.

"Hey buddy, calm down. Abby is gonna look after you while we're gone. Okay?"

Wagging his tail, Kona barked with joy.

Since Abby retired, her and Sarah still live in Portland so whenever the couple leaves for U.S national team duties, Abby gladly watches over him for them.

Soon, Alex came running down the stairs also, "Okay we can go."

Tobin smiled, "You ready to go to New York, Colton?"

The little boy clapped his hands and let out a squeal.

Alex and Tobin decided to have a kid after the Olympics, having Alex carry the child. Colton Gabriel Heath-Morgan was born May 25th, 2017.

Holding Colton in her arms, Alex kissed his cheek, "I think you just want to see all your aunties especially Aunt Kelley."

"No we aren't letting Kelley watch him alone again. Remember last time we did that and she basically let him run into a counter head first!" Tobin said worried.

"She caught him before he hit his head," Alex laughed, giving her wife a kiss, "and everyone thought I would be the over protective one."

Tobin rolled her eyes, "I care about the things I love. Now come on, we need to get going."