Chapter Sixty

Chapter 60:

"What?!" Alex and Tobin said with confusion.

"Let me finish." Kelley laughed, "I'm not going to be one because it wouldn't be fair for me to pick a side and we have 20 other teammates so I think it's just best if I just stay a guest."

Tobin and Alex looked at each other knowing Kelley was right, "Yeah that makes sense, thanks for telling us. Bye Kelley."

"Well that was," Jeri started holding back her laughter, "hilarious."

The couple shot her a death glare but Pam jumped in, "Hold fire, girls. It's dinner time."

*in Chicago*

"JJ, we've been here for like a week. We have the entire season to go downtown, plus we have already done it about ten times already." Christen said playfully rolling her eyes.

Julie walked behind Christen, who was making a snack, and wrapped her arms around her waist, resting her chin on Christen's shoulder, "But that's before we were a couple. Now I want to do all the cute coupley things with you."

"Will you pay?" Christen smirked.

"Hmm," Julie replied leaving ghost kisses along Christen's shoulder, "if I say yes, will you go?"

"No."

"What why?" She whined, spinning Christen around to face her.

Christen slid her hands into Julie's back jeans pockets, "Because I'm not in the mood to sign autographs and take pictures with fans. Can't we just stay in and watch movies?"

"But babe we've done that every day since we got to our apartment here. But since you don't want to go out in public, how bout we go to the pitch and have a picnic?"

"First, are we even allowed to do that and second, we don't have a picnic ready."

"Well actually," Julie smiled, walking out of the kitchen quickly then coming back with a giant picnic basket, "I wanted to have a picnic in millennium park but a soccer pitch will work to."

Christen didn't argue especially since she felt a little bad that Julie had it planned already, "Okay let's go. You're driving though."

"Fine, I love you." Julie said giving her a small kiss before grabbing the keys.

Like normal, they held hands on the middle console and had the music blaring.

"My wish for you
Is that this life becomes all that you want it to
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small
You never need to carry more than you can hold
And while you're out there gettin' where you're gettin' to
I hope you know somebody loves you
And wants the same things too
Yeah, this is my wish," Julie sang out proudly.

Christen was laughing at her girlfriend, "That song is so old!"

"You gotta jam to Rascal Flatts! But fine find a song you want."

She began flipping through the stations before she found something she liked, "Oh my god!"

"Here we go again," Julie replied jokingly rolling her eyes.

"Like a small boat
On the ocean...."

By the end of the song, both of them were singing at the top of their lungs while pulling into the parking lot.

They grabbed the picnic basket and blanket out of the back before heading up to the gate.

"Julie, it's locked."

"I have my ways, follow me."

She held Christen's hand, pulling her around the stadium until they were on the complete opposite side of the front gate.

"What are we doing?" Christen whispered like they were going to get caught, "The only gate over here is the maintenance one and obviously that's going to be locked."

"Oh really," Julie said with a raised eyebrow, "Don't doubt my abilities."

Once they got to the gate, Julie easily opened it letting them into the stadium.

"Wha-how?"

"Shhh." Julie smirked, walking to exactly midfield and laying out the blanket, "I have my secrets."

Sitting down, Julie and Christen sat across from each other. Opening the basket, she started pulling out all of Christen's favorite foods.

"You really had this planned out didn't you?"

Julie looked up, "Yep."

"Okay so now tell me how we got in here."

"You know, Janice? The head soccer coach of Benedictine University, yeah she left that open for me."

"Wow who knew you were so persuasive." Christen joked throwing a skittle at her.

That just urged Julie on, "Hmm I think you know how persuasive I can be."

Christen laughed, "You can never persuade me. Don't try to act like you can, Johnston."

"Last names, Press? That's not like us now." She said with a stupid grin on her face.

"I think it is," Christen replied leaning forward until their lips were ghostly touching each other but suddenly Christen pulled back, holding up a piece of chocolate, "Thanks for the food."

Julie pouted, "Do I get a kiss for the amazing food I brought?"

"Of course," Christen grinned leaning again, but this time holding a Hershey's kiss in front of her, "Here you go."

The bantering continued, both just enjoying being alone and having privacy.

"Can you hand me the whip cream?" Christen asked.

Julie sprayed a little on to her finger before gesturing it towards her girlfriend, "Here you go."

Knowing what Julie wanted her to do, she decided to hit her hand back up so the whip cream got all over her face.

"Hey!" Julie shouted, "Oh it's on!"

She grabbed the can but Christen was already on her feet and running.

"You gotta catch me first!" She called back running towards the endzone.

Eventually, Julie did catch up and tackle her to the ground, laughing as she did.

"Gotcha." She smirked as she laid on top of her, spraying some whip cream onto her nose.

Christen crinkled her nose as the cold cream made contact which made Julie's smirk turn into a smile.

"What are you smiling about?" Christen asked with a raised eye brow.

Julie leaned down and kissed her nose, "How cute you are."

"Basic answer." Christen said laughing.

"Okay how bout I'm smiling because my incredibly sexy, smart, amazing girlfriend is under me right now and I never thought this would happen."

Christen's eyes turned darker at the comment, "Weird because I was just thinking about how my amazingly hot, intelligent girlfriend is on top of me and that I don't understand how I got so lucky."

Julie let out a chuckle, "Liar you were not thinking that."

"Okay I wasn't but it's still true," Christen smiled, "Let's go home."

"Home because you're full and wanna get home? Or home because there's a bed we can use?"

She smirked and shoved Julie off of her, "That's for me to know and you to find out."