Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter 25:

It was the day before the Sweden game so training was light and nothing too eventful happened because everyone wanted a good nights rest. When the morning finally came, Tobin kissed a sleeping Alex and went downstairs to grab them some coffee.

"Nervous?" Cheney asked behind her.

"Not really, you?"

"No. We just can't lose."

"We won't. Sweden is nothing compared to us, Chen." Tobin smiled before going back up to her room.

"Good morning, Lex." Tobin said kissing her on the lips. "I brought you coffee."

Alex smiled. "You're the best."

"I know but I'll do anything for you."

"Wow that was cheesy?"

Tobin just laughed. "Yeah yeah it was."

"I gotta go talk to Christen. Will you survive the morning without me?"

"Yes I think I will survive and why do you have to talk to Christen?"

"I want to know if her and JJ are together or friends or something."

"Oh okay I want to hear the whole story when you get back."

"I will. Be back later." Alex smiled before kissing her goodbye.

She walked to Kelley's and Christen's room, knocking lightly.

Kelley answered the door. "Sup Alex?"

"Hey is Christen in here?"

"Yeah...is this some secret forward meeting cause I can leave?" She joked.

"No but can you still leave?"

"Of course. Just text me when I can come back." Kelley smiled before walking out, letting Alex in.

"Kelley who's at the...oh hey Alex." Christen said.

"Hey Pressy. I got a question for you."

"Okay shoot."

"How are you and JJ?" Alex carefully asked.

"Good...great actually. We talked and let's just say we both feel the same way so we're going slowly right now and see where we go from here."

"Oh my gosh. That's great! So I'm guessing you're gonna keep it a secret for a while?"

"Actually no. You know, Julie, she's a perfect cinnamon roll and doesn't like lying to people so tomorrow we're gonna call a team meeting and tell them."

"That's shocking since you guys are going slow. How do you feel about telling the team this soon? Cause you know me and Tobin dating almost a month before telling you guys."

"I mean I'm fine with telling the team but I think a lot of them are going to be in shock because unlike you and Tobin we weren't really that flirty and stuff. So I don't know how that's gonna go."

"The team will be accepting, I promise. But I better go cause we have team breakfast to get to. But again I'm really happy for you guys." Alex said pulling her friend into a hug.

"Thanks, Alex. I'm glad it all worked out." Christen replied before letting go of Alex.

Alex nodded and went back to her room, where Tobin was on the phone with someone.

"Yes sir. I understand that but...""Can you just listen to me?""You've known me since I was a baby.""I know the bible doesn't approve of it.""Why does my whole family have to be punished, sir?!""That doesn't make sense. Just kick me out of the church then, not everyone." Tobin was getting aggravated with the man but noticed that Alex was in the room. "Look please just considered what I said. I gotta go."