You Play His Instrument on Tour (Calum)

You're at home in your bedroom lying on your bed with your bass. You're playing random melodies bored out of your mind. But you're also worried. Calum leaves for his first headline tour with his band 5 Seconds of Summer the next day. You'll be away from each other for a while and even though you've been going out for six months you're worried about making it through until he comes home for his break in two months.

Long Way Home starts coming from your phone meaning Calum is calling you. You put down your bass and answer. "Hey, Cal. Are you almost here?"

"Yeah I'm just around the corner. Ready for our day of fun?" he asks with a smile in his voice.

"For sure! What's the plan?" you return, putting him on speaker.

"Well I thought we could watch movies at my place with some pizza and popcorn, get a little cuddling in, and then go to the beach. Maybe walk on the shore and the pier, sit at the end of the dock, get some ice cream, and end the day watching the sunset. How does that sound, sweetie?"

"Literally perfection. I couldn't think of a better way to spend time with you before you leave." you say switching positions on your bed. When you do so you accidentally brush your bass strings with your foot making it play loudly. You quickly stop it hoping Calum doesn't notice.

"...Y/N what was that?" he asks suspicious. Crap. You try and think of something fast.

"Uh nothing I just accidentally turned my music on. So what time will you be here?" you ask changing the subject.

"Okay...I'll be there around noon. Sound good?" he says.

"Yep! I can't wait. I'll see you soon, cutie. Bye!" you answer.

"Me either. Bye sweetie, be there as soon as I can." He hangs up and you breathe out a sigh of relief. Thank God he didn't find you out. Yes, you've been dating for six months and Calum doesn't know that you play the same instrument as him. But you have a good reason.

When you and Calum first started dating you were just learning. And you didn't want him to find out you played until you fully learned and got good enough for him to hear. Now you are good enough, but you want him to find out at the right time, not over the phone on accident. You're definitely interested to see what his reaction will be when the time comes.

You look at the clock to see how much time you have before he gets to your house. About a half hour. That should give you enough time to change and do your hair a little. You don't need to be fancy, but just done up enough that you still feel good. Since you're going to the beach later, you put your black string bikini underneath your outfit. You throw on some leggings and one of Calum's sweaters that is enormous on you. You decide to give your hair loose curls since you usually have it straightened. You then look in the mirror and spray on your perfume when you hear the doorbell. Calum has arrived! Slipping on your flats, you go downstairs and out the door to get your fantastic-sounding day started.

***

Watching movies and cuddling was really nice and you loved having Calum's arms around you for so many hours. It was a picture perfect lazy day lounging on his couch eating pepperoni pizza and popcorn with soda while watching random movies on Netflix. After watching three movies it was about 6:30 so you headed to the beach.

You walked on the shore for a while and Calum also ran you up and down the beach on his back a few times. You stripped down to your bathing suits and he carried you into the water and splashed you around and dunked you. He had you laughing so hard your sides hurt. Of course the whole entire day he drowned you in kisses.

After a while you came out, dried off and went to get ice cream. You brought it back to the beach and walked on the pier, then went to the dock and sat on the end while the sun set. Today was the perfect day Calum described, down to the letter. You were just so sad that it had to end and the next morning he would be on a plane to Portugal. You tried not to think about it as you sat with your legs dangling over the dock, your head on his shoulder.