Halloween! (Ashton)

Walking up to Ashton's house, you look at the outside and see that there aren't that many decorations. This surprises you because of all people, Ashton gets VERY into Halloween. All that was there was a creepy manikin holding a bowl for trick or treat candy. You will have to find out what's going on when you get inside.

When you knock on the door you hear Mrs. Irwin shout, "Coming, Y/N!" Ashton must have told her you were on your way. Seconds later, she opens the door. "Y/N, so good to see you again." You step inside and she gives you a big hug.

"Good to see you too, Mrs. Irwin. I missed you guys." You smile at her and before you know it you hear running footsteps and feel someone crash into you with a hug. "Well hello there, Harry!" you greet Ashton's little brother.

"Hi, Y/N! I missed you too!" he says.

"You heard me, huh?" you ask. He just smiles big up at you and hugs you again. You are so glad you get along with Ashton's family. For the most part.

You hear more footsteps and look up to see Lauren, his younger sister. For some reason, she has never been a fan of you. But still, you are only nice to her. I mean she is your boyfriend's family. "Hey, Lauren." you say politely.

"Hey." she says while walking into the kitchen. She has never said anything mean to you but you can tell by her face and body language when you are around, that she doesn't like you. You aren't quite sure what you did to make her dislike you but you are hoping to figure it out soon. After all, you have been with Ashton for a solid six months and have said 'I love you' already. You're getting pretty serious and the last thing you want is tension between you and his family.

"Uh Harry why don't you go get your costume on? You have to leave soon for trick or treating." Mrs. Irwin says. Harry runs to his bedroom and she looks at you sympathetically.

You say, "It's okay. Where's Ash?"

"Oh he's out buying some new decorations. The other ones were getting old. But don't worry, he'll be back in time for trick or treating." she says.

"Okay I was gonna say, there was only a manikin out there when I got here and I was concerned. But come to think of it, I've never seen it before. Is that new?" you wonder looking out the front window.

"No, we've had it for years. Ever since Ashton was born, as a matter of fact. But for some reason we didn't decide to use it until this year. We figured we could use it to hold the candy bowl and then you and Ashton could watch comfortably in here to make sure that no one takes too much."

"Clever. Less work for us." you laugh. "Well until Ash gets back, is there anything I can help you with?" you offer. She thinks for a minute and looks toward the kitchen.

"I was going to bake some Halloween shaped cookies for dessert tonight but I don't know how comfortable you will be with Lauren in there." she admits. You hate this. You need to find a way to make things okay with her. If you are going to be with Ashton long term, you will have to be able to be in the same room without it being awkward.

"I'll be fine, don't worry. C'mon let's bake some cookies, Mama Irwin." you cheer motioning her to the kitchen. She chuckles and follows you shaking her head. You get in the kitchen and start getting out the ingredients. Lauren is sitting at the table on her phone. She didn't even look up when you entered. However, you decided that you would try something.

"Lauren, do you wanna help us make cookies?" you tentatively ask. She doesn't think, she doesn't look up or talk directly to you. She simply, without hesitation, says no thanks.

"Are you sure? It'd be a chance for us girls to have some bonding time." Mrs. Irwin adds. Suddenly Lauren stands up.

"Yes, I'm sure! I don't want to bond with you! Especially her." she says referring to you. Ouch. She storms out of the kitchen and goes to her bedroom slamming the door. You and Mrs. Irwin look at each other not knowing what just happened.