He is With You During a Thunderstorm (Calum)

You are out on a dinner date with the love of your life, Mr. Calum Hood. It isn't a special occasion. Not your anniversary, not either of your birthdays, not a holiday. You just wanted to go out together on a proper date, for the fun of it. Sitting across the table from him, you can't help but smile as he smiles showing off his dimples, and think about how lucky you are to be his. You are now just looking at each other and smiling, no need for words.

Then, Calum takes your hands from across the table. "I love you, Y/N."

Looking down blushing, you answer "I love you too, Cal. You're the best." You look back up and you can't explain in words, the look in his eyes.

"You're the best. The best thing that's happened to me anyway." he says. You both laugh lightly and go back to looking at each other. You have never felt this comfortable with someone before. Looking in his gorgeous chocolate brown eyes, you know that you trust him with everything including your life. Having been together for more than nine months, you have told him practically everything about you at this point.

The one thing you have not told him yet, is something you are afraid of. You haven't told him because you think it is childish and you don't want him to laugh at you. You are kind of surprised that you haven't been forced to bring it up yet, because it has to do with the weather. As immature and ridiculous as it may sound, you are terrified of thunderstorms.

When you were younger, there was a really bad storm while you were in your house. All was quiet for about a minute, then out of nowhere there was a flash of lighting that made the whole outside turn white, and the biggest thunder clap you had ever heard that made your whole house shake. It scared you so much that you couldn't talk for a long time after the fact.

Ever since then, thunderstorms make you paranoid that something like that, or worse, will happen again. Tonight you know there is a 60% chance of a storm, and you are hoping to get home from this date before it starts. If not, you may have to spill your secret to Calum and risk him making fun of you.

The waiter just came to get the bill from you and Calum gives him his credit card. When the waiter leaves, he asks "So what do you say to getting some dessert after this?" Yeah, that will get you back inside somewhere faster.

"I don't know. Maybe we could just stay in the rest of the night?" you suggest.

"Aw c'mon, it's date night! Let's have a fun night out." he argues.

"I know, but...it's supposed to rain." you counter.

"So we'll have an umbrella. No worries, baby." Sounds like Calum is really set on this. You will not be able to change his mind.

"Okay, sure. Let's do it." you give in and smile, to assure him you really are fine with it. He returns it and the waiter comes back with the receipt. Calum signs one and gives it back, he leaves a tip, and you head out to his car.

On the way to get some froyo for your dessert, you look up at the sky and can tell that rain is inevitable. Your heart starts to beat faster and you feel Calum's hand on your leg suddenly.

"Hey. You alright, sweetie?" he asks.

"Yeah, fine. Just looks like the storm will be starting soon." you say glancing back up at the dark grey clouds.

"We'll bring an umbrella when we go inside." he says pulling into the little parking lot for the froyo place. He reaches behind him to get an umbrella from the seat pocket before getting out and going to your door. He opens it and holds out his hand, and you take it cautiously stepping out and closing the door. Walking in, you hope and pray that the rain will hold up for just a little bit longer.