Requests Week #2: For Carol (Michael)

You're walking around the streets of Sydney, Australia hoping you don't get lost. You live in America but you decided to take a last minute trip for something fun to do. ...You know like trying to meet 5 Seconds of Summer while they're back home after their ROWYSO tour? You want to meet them so badly that you flew across the world to at least try. They've been doing their album promo tour around the country and today they're somewhere in Sydney. Where, you have no clue.

As you're walking, you see someone on the other side of the street walking the same direction. You just glanced at them and looked away, but something about them looked all too familiar. You slowly look over again and you're able to see their face clearer. Your heart jumps and sinks to your stomach. Unless you're seeing things, a member of 5SOS is walking on the same street as you. Not just any of them either, your favorite. Michael fucking Clifford.

You wonder where he's heading. On this particular street there's a lot of restaurants and shops. Maybe he's going shopping or having lunch. Either way this is your perfect opportunity and you may not get another one. You turn to cross the street to his side but at the same time, he goes across the crosswalk to go on your side. He'll be coming straight for you. He isn't walking fast so he probably doesn't have anywhere to be. That's a good sign.

Before you know it, he's so close and you know you have to speak up. All you can think of to say is "Michael?" He looks towards you and what comes out next is, "Oh my gosh, hi!"

He stops and looks confused. "Hi...You're American."

You laugh and say, "Yeah I'm just exploring. I can't believe I'm meeting you, I'm a big fan of you and your music."

"Wow thank you so much! You're so nice." he smiles. "I suppose you want a photo?" he adds, almost rehearsed.

"Actually I was wondering if you have somewhere to be right now or if you're free to talk for a little bit...?" you ask slowly and nervously, looking down. You look up to see him thrown off guard.

"Really? You like...wanna talk?" he asks.

"Yeah..I mean I don't just want a picture and then not even speak to you. I wanna have a conversation, you know?" you say.

He looks at you like you're a godsend. "Exactly! Most fans don't understand that. It so happens I'm available to talk. What's your name?"

"Carol."

"Well Carol how about we talk over some pizza? I'm starving." he says while giving you a big hug.

You don't believe it. "Sure! I could eat." And so you start walking back the way you came. You and Michael talk on the walk to the pizza place; you tell him where in America you're from, what year you are in school, basic things. You also get to know more about him.

You get to the restaurant and decide on pepperoni. He orders while you get a little table. You sit down and try to take in the last twenty minutes. You actually met Michael Clifford. You hugged him and have talked to him about normal things. And now you're about to have lunch with him. You wonder why no one else recognized him on the way there but remember normal teenagers are in school right now.

Michael comes your way with your large pepperoni pizza and sets it on the table. "Okay. How much do you want?"

"How about we each have half?" you offer.

He cocks his eyebrow and asks, "Are you sure? It's a big pizza."

"Positive. Hand it over." you reassure him. He doesn't know how big your appetite is yet.

He hesitantly gives you half and says, "Oh we need drinks. What would you like?"

"You paid for the pizza, let me get the drinks." you say standing up.