You Play His Instrument on Tour (Ashton)

Ashton and the rest of 5 Seconds of Summer have been on their ROWYSO tour for a couple months and you miss him so much. He has been your boyfriend for three years and you have known each other since you were toddlers so you are unbelievably close. He loves you more than himself and you feel the same, maybe even a bit more back. You've been trying to stay in touch as often as you can but with the constant time zone changes it isn't exactly easy. A few nights ago you finally talked on the phone after two weeks of no contact and both of you cried when you had to say goodbye. It was after that phone call when you knew you had to see him.

He was in America and you were all the way back home in Australia so you had no choice but to fly across the world to get to see his face and be in his arms again. You decided to not say anything and instead to surprise him. He wouldn't expect a thing and it would make him and you so happy.

You were trying to decide which state to go to and ended up choosing the soonest one, the very next day: Las Vegas! You've always wanted to see Vegas anyway so why not go for your boyfriend? It's the perfect excuse. You go online and buy your plane ticket for the next afternoon. It was official. In just one more day you would see your love and get to squeeze him so tight. He may be muscular but he's still your teddy bear.

You start packing for your spontaneous trip, tearing through your room trying to find your passport as well. While doing that you start thinking about your plan for how you're going to surprise him. There's about a million ways you could do it. You could show up at his hotel, the dressing room, soundcheck, or just be front row at the concert itself. But those ways are too stereotypical, too overdone. You needed to do something original. It comes to you as you finish packing your bag and the more you think about it, the more brilliant it sounds.

He won't see you until the concert, but you won't be in the crowd. See, one of your favorite 5SOS songs (believe it or not) is Pizza. It's the song performed live where Ashton isn't stuck behind the drums, plus he sings all of it. A while back, you decided you wanted to learn how to play the drum part for the song when you were bored. You listened to their Livesos CD a bunch of times listening to the drums and it took you a while but you finally got it. He knows about Pizza being one of your favorites and why, but he doesn't know you learned how to play it and still doesn't really get why you like it since "it's so short and pointless." But the next night, he would get it.

You were going to tell the others that you were coming and to not tell Ashton. You would also tell them to make sure that they decide to do Pizza since they don't do it every time. Once the show started and they were all on stage, you would sneak backstage and watch the show until that point. Usually John Feldmann plays the drums for it but you were going to arrange it that Ashton wouldn't see who sat down at the drum set before starting. It would start and naturally his back would be to the drums so he would think Feldy was playing like always. Then when he turned around for the first time, he would see you playing his drum set and be completely blindsided.

You get more excited the more you think about it and imagine it unfolding in your head. You try and remember what time it is in Vegas to see if you could call the guys right then. It's 11am where you are so that means it should be 6pm the day before where they're at. Hopefully they aren't too busy. You get your phone and dial Calum's number. He's the easiest to reach of the three. It rings a few times and you think it may go to voicemail when he answers abruptly.

"Hey, what's up?" he asks.

"Hey um...so I have something to tell you but only you, Mikey, and Luke can know about it." You don't know how else to say it. You hear movement and figure he left the room.

"Is it about Ashton?" he asks concerned.

"Yeah. Don't worry, it's nothing bad. I have something planned." you assure him.