Requests Week #4: For Carol (Michael)

5 Seconds of Summer is currently on the road for their ROWYSO tour. You were lucky enough to be able to join them. They even played a few songs from their upcoming album for you. Really though, you all knew that none of you would make it very long without each other. You are all too close to be apart for long periods. This is the last month of tour and unfortunately, you have to go back to school. There is no way you can get out of it and all of you are dreading the day you will be leaving. Traveling the world together has been a dream that you never want to wake up from.

Today before the concert, they have to do some promo at a radio station for the new album. Then there is the concert itself, and then immediately following that is when they have to take you to the airport and say goodbye for another month before they come back home. In the real scheme of things, a month isn't that long, but somehow it feels like this is the end or something.

This is what you are thinking about in the little black van you are traveling in right now to go to the radio station, looking out the window. Luke seems to take notice. "Hey, you alright?"

You snap out of it and turn to him. "I guess. Thinking about later tonight." He looks at you sympathetically and has you rest your head on his shoulder while he rests his head on top of yours and snakes his arm around you in an attempt to sooth you. You have done this with Luke countless times throughout the tour but today it seemed to mean a little bit more. There was purpose behind it.

"C'mon, get excited guys. We're gonna be performing soon. We gotta put on a good face for everyone." Ashton says. He looks at you, "No matter what today has in store." You give him a small smile to which he responds, "There you go."

Minutes later, you pull up to the radio station and hear tons of fans who will probably be glued to the windows the whole time you are all there. Quickly everyone files out of the van and into the building. When you enter the studio, the announcer says hi to the guys and shakes their hands, then asks who you are.

"Oh I'm their friend, Carol. They brought me along to watch." you explain.

"Oh great to meet you, Carol. Here, wanna sit by me for the interview?" he offers.

"Sure! I don't have to talk though, right?" you clarify.

He laughs, "No, not if you don't want to. I'll say you're here though. Maybe just say hi or something."

"Cool. Works for me." you smile. Everyone gets situated with headsets including you, and before you know it, things get rolling. The announcer introduces the band and they say hi in unison. Right away of course, he mentions that you are there too. A friend of the band who tagged along.

"But uh, I would like to add that Carol isn't just any friend. She's our best friend from back home and as the fans know by now, she has been on the road with us this whole tour." Michael says.

"Wow! You didn't say that before. How amazing that must be for you." the announcer says to you. You nod your head forgetting the listeners can't see you.

You decide to speak up and say into a nearby microphone, "Quite. It's a different experience going everywhere with them than just going to one show and calling it a day."

"Oh yeah going through all the craziness right with them. Fun, alright now guys today you'll be performing a couple of songs, correct?" he asks.

"Yes!" they confirm.

"Okay, everyone the first one is gonna be Hey Everybody! from 5SOS's yet-to-be-released second album, Sounds Good Feels Good. Now I watched the music video for this and I gotta say it is the most...interesting one you have ever done." That receives laughs all around from the guys. But it is here that you stop listening to the conversation.