Part 6

Lauren's pov
We went to lunch and got some surf food. He had a shark meat sandwhich and I had grilled fish kebab. We ate then walked to a store kind of like SAMs club or Costco in the way that it had everything. We walked around goofing off.
"Hey how do I look?" Jackson turns around with a bra wrapped around his neck hanging over his chest. I started laughing really hard.
"You don't like?" He chuckles.
"I don't think that's your size!" I laugh out.
"No?"
"What's that an A?"
"I don't know!"
"You're like a double d because of your shoulders."
"Where is that?" He goes to someone who works here.
"Hey which one of these is a double d?" He asks and the lady looks at him as if he has 3 heads. I'm doubled over in laughter. Hanging on to the end of my crutches. The lady hands him the bra and gives him a weird look. He puts it on and it of course fits. I can't stop laughing.
"Hey I guess I'm a double d!"
"Take it off before someone you know sees you!"
"Fine!" He takes it off and we continue through the store looking for the graham crackers. We found them after a few minutes in the cracker aisle. I crutch over and grabbed a box then shot it into the cart.
"And the crowd goes wild! Ahh!" I chant with a whisper tone 'ah' at the end.
"Oh please Kobe bet you couldn't make it from back there." He challenges me pointing at the very back of the store which was about 30 ft away.
"I so could!"
"No way!"
"10 bucks says I can!"
"Deal!" I grab a box of crackers then I walk to the back and stand then throw the box into the cart.
"Ooh!" I throw my hands in the air.
"Eat that bitch!" I crutch back over to him and hold my hand out waiting for the money. He places 10 dollars in my hand.
"Thank you!"
"Lucky shot!"
"No way!"
"50 bucks says you can't do it again." Dumbass. He's putting money on a softball players eye hand coordination.
"Deal!" I grab another box and go back to the back and shoot it in no problem.
"Ah double time bitch!" I chant and hold out my hand waiting for the money. He puts 3 bills in my hand. I count it and it's correct.
"How did you do that?"
"What do you mean?"
"You're a girl and that's 30 feet away!"
"I am first going to ignore that incredibly sexist comment! I played softball in middle school, and what I had of high school too."
"Well damn it you just swindled me out off 70 dollars!"
"I didn't swindle you out of anything! You just were dumb and didn't ask if I played softball."
"Whatever let's hurry up and get out of here. We have been here for close to 2 hours."
"Yeah let's get going!"
We get a bunch of other stuff he needed for the fire including gas. We get all of the stuff and load into the jeep.
"Alright Lauren let me lead you to the bonfire site." We drive the jeep into the woods where a pile of burnt logs and benches surrounding a dark colored circle burnt into the ground. There were plain Christmas lights hanging around. It was really pretty.
"Wow this is cool!" I say jumping out and closing the door. We take all of the stuff out and set them to the side.
"What logs are you gonna use?"
"Uhm shit I forgot I better cut up some wood!"
He grabs an ax from his truck which worries me that he even had that in the back of his truck. He puts some logs on a stump and lifts up and then brings the ax down to cut it in half. It takes two lifts to cut it through and his shirt rips. He sighs then rips it off all the way. He puts another long on and then lifts up his muscles outstretched in the air. And then brings it down. He lifts again and his core flexes and my breathing stopped. The veins in his biceps and forearms showed through his skin. The way his blonde hair slicked back on his head in a upward swooping fashion. The intense look on his face as he sliced and chopped the logs. His entire body was a work of art and I couldn't help but to admire. I bit my lip thinking of what I could do to that body.
"Sweetheart your staring!"
"I'm not staring!" I defend.
"Yeah you were!" I rolls my eyes.
"Just cut the damn log." After a while he finally finishes and sets up the logs then soaks them in gasoline and lights a match that brings the fire to life.
"Woohoo!" I cheer. He chuckles at my innocence. We set up all of the food on a table and put some paper dishes out. Not long after a truck drives through the woods parking behind Jacksons carrying all the girls in the back. Nela and Taylor get out of the driver and passenger seats. They help all of the girls out and walk over.
"Hey guys I brought the bananas!" Camila says. Leave it to her to think of bananas.
"I got the fish!" Taylor says holding up a bag of fish.
"Fish?"
"Yeah you can't have a Hawaiian bonfire without fish!" He says as if it's not abnormal to see.
"Ok what kind of fish is it?"
"Don't worry about it, it's good fish. I caught it this morning!"
"Alright I trust you!" We all grabbed sticks. I sat down next to Jackson who now had a sweatshirt on. We roasted the fish and such.
"That is the best fish I have ever had in my life!"
"I told you to trust me it's always good!" Taylor brags.
"Shut up Taylor I didn't trust you for one second!" Camila says and he pushes her playfully and she pushed him back. They started pushing each other back and forth until Taylor fell.
"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!"
"I'm fine!" He waves her off and gets back on the bench. We all laugh a little.
"Jackson why don't you play the new song that Lauren produced today!" Nela suggests.
"Lauren you produced it?" Ally asks
"I made a few changes!" I say
"Don't be so modest Lauren you took his song and changed it a lot. She added some ukulele and took out some other stuff and gave him vocal notes. She's really good at that!" Nela gushed over my skill.
"Lauren why don't you produce our singles?" Camila asks
"I do! When you guys finish your parts and leave me to finish I produce. Me, Ryan and Simon. I even write but once you guys are done you just leave. I bet you haven't even checked the credits on our albums. My name is listed under singer, producer, and writer."
"Jeez Lauren calm down!" Dinah says
"I'm sorry it's just you guys don't pay attention to me like at all. You didn't even see me fall under the water at the beach!" I start yelling. Jackson puts an arm around my shoulder and rubs it soothingly trying to calm me down.
"It's ok sweetie calm down!"
"I'm fine I'm calm!" I say. He shakes his head and pulls me into him and a tear fell down my cheek but is wiped up by his t shirt against my face.
"Are you ok Lauren?" Normani asks concerned.
"Yeah I'm fine!" I say but everybody is quiet.
"So how about that song?" I say changing the subject.
"Yeah it's on my phone!" Jackson says and pulls it out. Nela pulls a pocket speaker from the flatbed on his truck. He plays 'gentleman' on the speaker. I sway my head to the tune with my eyes closed. The song ended.
"That was really good guys!" Ally says.
"Thanks!" We say at the same time. We all then started to sing different songs scalpels. We sang and laughed and had a good time.
"Well we have to get home so we can get ready to head to Oahu in the morning!"
"Oahu?" The girls question.
"Yeah me, Lauren, and Taylor are taking my dads boat out there tomorrow for a few days."
"But what about her leg?" Ally asks
"Oh yeah I forgot to tell you, I'm taking her stitches out tonight!"
"You are?" I ask shocked.
"It's been like 3 weeks your leg is definitely healed."
"Ah!" I squeal and hug him around his neck. We get in the jeep and drive back to the house. We go straight  in and to the table and held my leg out. He carefully pulled my stitches out and as expected my leg was all better. I was just so happy to have them out.