Part 62

Jackson's pov
I was sleeping and then in the middle of the night I heard crying. I got up and walked into Tobias' room. He was crying on the bed while Sydney tried to calm him down.
"Come on Toby calm down!" I walked over and tried to bounce him to sleep but it didn't work. Even Jax woke up and ran into the room. He was loud.
"What's wrong buddy?"
"I want Lolo!" I looked at Sydney who shrugged not knowing what to do.
"Uhm Toby Lolo is away, she's going to be away for a long time." He starts crying again.
"I want Lolo!"
"We can't see Lolo right now but you want to call her?"
"No I want to hug her! I want Lolo!" I sighed and then let him cry himself to sleep. I walked over to Sydney.
"Hey Syd the girls are in Maryland I can take him up there tomorrow and then bring him back the next day to calm him down."
"Yeah ok we have to because when he doesn't get to see certain people h goes crazy he's been like that for as long as I can remember."
"Ok I'll text Dinah in the morning." I went back to my room and fell asleep then woke up and packed a small little bag for me and Toby. We got in my Land Rover and started the journey to Maryland. It's not that far from New York.
"I'm going to see Lolo!"
"Yes you are."
"I can't wait!"
"Yeah you'll get to see auntie Dinah and aunt Camz and aunt Normani."
"And auntie Ally."
"Yep and auntie ally."
The drive was actually much longer thank I expected but I texted Dinah that we were coming. We got to the venue and big rob let us right in. Lauren came out of the dressing room and smiled.
"Hey baby!" She says scooping Toby up and kissing his cheek.
"Lolo!" He hugs her tight.
"I missed you."
"I missed you too!"
"Why did you leave?"
"Because I'm performing tonight and I have to do my job."
"So you're coming back with us?"
"No Toby I won't be back for a few months but you have your uncle Jackson."
"But I want you!"
"Sweetheart don't cry I'm always with you in your heart. You can call me and we can video call and stuff. Plus we have all of today to hang out. Ok?"
"No!"
"Hey look at me. I will be back before you know it alright and I'm sure your uncle will bring you to see me. Now I need you to not cry or whine you gotta be strong and protect your uncle he's getting older so you know he's an old man. Gotta look out for him and your mom ok? Don't let anybody hurt them. Be a big man for me ok?"
"Ok." He said wiping tears.
"Now let's go see!"
"Toby!" Camila yelled running towards Lauren holding the child. Lauren hands him over to Camila and Lauren walked over to me.
"I'm sorry I had to show up like this. He cried himself to sleep last night and Sydney says that we can cry for weeks over a person he misses and wants to see."
"That's an issue Jackson."
"I know I know!" I sigh.
"I know you don't want to believe it, but there may be some mental stuff going on babe. It's not bad but he has something going on and may have to do with his father. How he disappeared." I rubbed my hands over my face frustrated.
"Ok I will talk to Sydney about getting him psychoanalyzed."
"I'm just saying if you don't intervene early he might grow up with serious issues."
"You don't understand Lauren. Danielson's don't have mental problems."
"That can't be true."
"It is."
"Well what about the baby's father."
"It doesn't matter. If he had a ay sort of mental problem he literally won't have grandparents." Her eyes go wide.
"What do you mean?"
"I mean that my dad will basically disown Toby and I know this is hard to believe but we pride ourselves on having a pure bloodline with no issues."
"So if our kid were to have issues you wouldn't love them?" She asks putting her head down. I grab her hands.
"No it's not me at all. I would love our kid so much no matter if they had a disability or not. I promise you that."
"Then what is it?"
"It's my dad he already calls the kid a bastard mistake all the time it's worse if he has disabilities. My dad doesn't accept children with disabilities or issues."
"But you have sickle cell."
"Yeah but that's not mental that's physical and I "overcame" it." I use air quotes.
"But you didn't."
"Well if I keep myself from having attacks then i did but it's like tradition to have an impeccable bloodline."
"You have to."
"Ok I'll do it."
"Now baby why are u still jealous of Jacob?"
"I'm not!"
"You're lying that song tells all."
"I just meant in general if any guy tries to flirt with you I get pissed."
"Sure you did." She smirks. I pull her info me for a hug.