Chapter 13: Prisoner of Soon-to-be Mate

Melanie is now being held captive and her parents are unaware of her location.  The Alpha of this pack is rude, strict, and has a bad temper, but he cared for Melanie and his intentions were more than friendly.

I woke up my wrists tied to the posts of the bed.  I was suddenly frightened.  I yanked at the cloth.  Whimpering against the cloth over my mouth.  The man came in followed by the one he called Nick.  I was crying.  The man was about 19.  He was a giant though.  I cowarded away again.  He saw the necklace my parents gave me for my birthday and grabbed it with his fingers.  He opened it and saw a picture of my parents and I.  "Parents?"  I nodded shaking.  "How old are you? 17?"  I nodded again.  "Alpha Taylor will be happy to know that you're safely here."  A sob built up in my throat.  "Nick get her some food."  he went and the man started to untie my wrists.  "I'm James Walker."

I kneed him in the groin and bolted off the bed and into the bathroom.  I locked the door and sat in front of it.  My ankle was on fire.  "Open the door!"  he yelled pounding on it.  I wanted to shift, but I couldn't.  I went for the window and the door busted open.  I was half way through when he grabbed me by the waist.  I elbowed him in the face and fell onto the roof.  I quickly hobbled higher up and he caught my pantleg.  I hit my mouth on the chimney.  He smelled the blood and let go.  I climbed the rest of the way and slid off the roof and into the pool.  I climbed out and started running on my bad ankle.  I was knocked to the ground.

"Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  I screamed.  I grabbed a fistful of dirt and threw it at my captor.  One of his pack members appeared he held a gun in front of my face.  Then it happened I wet myself out of fear and the need to go.  James knocked the gun out of his hand and stood.  He grabbed me by the waist and threw me over his shoulder.

"If I ever catch you doing that again it'll be at your head."  James took me inside and set me on the counter in the bathroom.  "Stay put."  I was frozen.  He left and came back with clothes.  He started a shower for me and waited for me to get in.

After I was clean, I put on the clothes he set on the counter for me.  "Are you decent?"  he asked through the door.  My hand shook when I tried to open the door.  He opened it and had something in his hand the gun tucked in his jeans.  I backed away tripping and falling.  He removed it from his jeans and emptied his pockets.  He grabbed a washcloth and got it wet.  He helped me up and had me sit on the counter again.  He gave me the rag trying to get me to take care of the blood.  My hands shook so bad that he had to take over.  He was gentle.  

"Please."  I croaked.  "Let me go home."

"I will.  Right now you need rest."  he helped me and put me in the bed.  He covered me up.  I pretended to sleep in hopes to be able to sneak out.  James was somewhere in the house I didn't know where though.  I got up and went to the door.  I opened it.  One of the members of Jame's pack was guarding the door.

"Get back in there." he growled.

"Where's James?"

"Get back in there now."

"What do you need, Melanie?"  James asked.

"I'm hungry."

"Get out of her way."  James followed me downstairs.  He made me a sandwich.

"Why won't you let me go?  I didn't do anything."

"It's not like you have a mate waiting for you."

"Yes I do."  he smelled me.

"I don't think so princess, you were rejected."  he kissed me and I slapped him.  "Fiesty."

"Don't touch me."  I ate the sandwich and went back upstairs.

I woke up, it was light out.  I heard James downstairs.  "It's just a matter of time before her previous mate bond is completely broken.  She's my mate.  Any of you even think of touching her I'll put you in the hospital."  My new mate was a psycho?  I went for the window and remembered how that turned out last night.  I saw a pickup in the driveway.  I opened the window and climbed out onto the roof.  I slid off the roof and my feet hit the ground.  I ran to the pickup and got in.  I found the keys and saw James on the porch.  I tried to start the truck and locked the doors.  A member of his pack hit the window with a large rock.  I covered my head.  My hair was grabbed and my head was snapped back.  "Let her go Carlos."  I saw my dad's truck.  "I said let her go."  he let go and I unlocked the doors.  I ran into my dad's arms.  Then I snapped out of it.  My parents didn't know where I was.  James was trying to get me out of the truck.  I was cowering on the floor.