Chapter 33: War with the Brother

This chapter will be in a variety of views.  No side note or sneak peek for this one.

---Zaya's POV---

I was feeding Megan Nicole when Eliza and Lucas came in with Vince.  Jenna was at Carlos's hanging out.  I was worried about DJ's advances.  He was getting angier because Jenna was with someone that wasn't him.  It was his own fault.

---Jenna's POV---

Carlos and I mated fully and got engaged.

Summer came, I was walking with Carlos.  Vince and Zaya were at the park with Eliza, Lucas, and Megan.  Karla and Carlos's friend Trenton were dating and we found them in the woods.  Trenton in wolf form circling Karla playing with her.  Carlos and I sat down on a log.  We started to make out.  My arm slid around his neck.  We had officially been together for a year and 2 months.  I had graduated a year early because I was at the top of my class and DJ's.  I was planning on going to the same college as Carlos.  A harsh growl came from within the trees.  Carlos pulled away and stood keeping me behind him.  I recognized DJ's wolf.  Vince's wolf appeared.  "Jenna, take Karla to the house."  Karla wasn't 100% used to the whole wolf thing.  She and Trenton hadn't been dating for long.  They were mates, but Karla had a bad past when it came to wolves.  I ran with Karla toward the house.  Wolves jumped in front of us.  We were surrounded.  The wolves growled showing their teeth.

Carlos's wolf jumped in front of us.    Carlos was attacked.

That night, DJ's pack was separate from his father's.  I was wrapping Carlos's scratched up stomach and chest.

---Zaya's POV---

My dad and mom were here.  Vince had gotten pretty beat up fighting with DJ and his pack.  My mom feeding Megan.  The Beta, Josh, came in.  "Alpha, he's here."  Vince stood up.  I grabbed his arm.

"I'm just going to talk to him okay?"

Carlos and my dad went outside with Vince.  I looked around for Eliza.  I saw her outside approaching the wolves of DJ's pack.  I jumped through the window shifting in midair.  I got to Eliza and before I could even touch her I was slammed into.  My wolf hit a tree with a hurtful slam,  I couldn't move.  My mom got to Eliza.  DJ's wolf stood over me.  Vince ran over with my dad.  I struggled getting up.  DJ saw that it was me.  He ran off.  Vince lifted me carefully.  "Call the pack doctor."

I woke up around midnight in human form.  My ribs wrapped tight.  Vince asleep beside me.  I carefully rolled to my side, swinging my feet over to the floor.  I stood on my sore leg.  My hand against my side.  I could feel the pressure of my hand through my t-shirt and the bandages.  I was halfway to the door when Vince woke up.  "Zaya!?"  he got beside me,  "Baby, come back to bed.  I'll get whatever you need."

"I'm fine.  Just go back to bed."

"Baby..."

"Vince, I'm fine."  I went downstairs and found my mom sitting at the table.  "Hey mama."  she looked up.

"What are you doing out of bed?"

"I'm fine.  I'm just hungry."

"Vince could have..."

"I can do it on my own."  I grabbed the ice cream from the freezer and grabbed a bowl and spoon.  Vince came in and my dad followed him.  "Ice cream?"  They nodded.  I grabbed a few more spoons and set the ice cream bucket down.  I sat beside Vince and was all had some ice cream.

The next morning, I was up before everyone.  I was sitting at the table.  I was in a lot of pain.  I couldn't take any pain medicine without food and I couldn't stand long enough to make a bowl of ceral.  My hand against my side.  I slowly made my way upstairs.  I shook Vince's arm.  He woke up.  "What's the matter?"  he saw my tear stained face.  He looked at the clock.  "Sh*t."  he lifted me bridal style and carried me downstairs.  He made me some breakfast, eggs, toast, and sausage.  He crushed my pain meds and mixed it in with a half a glass of orange juice.  We were watching a movie when everyone else got up.  Eliza and Lucas ate what my mom made them.  Vince was feeding Megan.  My shoulder wrapped as well due to the slam into the tree.