Chapter 37: Mate's Friends

Jason and Eliza having been together for 7 months.  Eliza and Lucas are now 14.  Jason gets caught by Eliza with some 'friends' and thinks the worst.

---Eliza's POV---

I was walking with Jamie.  We got to the park.  I saw Jason surrounded by some guys and girls.  They had beer and Jason was laughing with some girl.  She slid her hand over his chest.  My wolf growled.  Jason looked up.  I ran off before he could even approach me.  Jamie and I both shifted.  I ran through the woods with Jamie following me.  I could hear Jason running behind me.  I ran into my daddy's wolf.  He guarded me and Jamie.  Jason showed up.  My dad growled at him.  He knew I was feeling rejected and hurt.  Lucas's wolf showed up and knudged me and Jamie toward the house.  My mom saw me.  I ran to her in my wolf form and she hugged me.  "Come on."  she got us inside and into the big bathroom.  She gave us clothes to change into.

That night, I was sitting on the porch.  Lucas was sitting with me.  I heard some footsteps shuffling up the sidewalk.  Jason came into view.  Before I could react, Lucas launched himself off the porch and into Jason.  There was a fight.  "Daddy!"  he came running out with Carlos.  He was kind of my Uncle.  That's what I called him.  They got Jason and Lucas apart.

"If it wouldn't kill my sister, I'd kill you myself.  You stupid asshole."  Lucas growled.  My mom came out with Tyler.

"Lucas, watch your mouth.  Jason obviously came for something.  Give them privacy."

Jenna tossed Jason a washcloth.  They went inside.  "So, you drink and let other girls flirt with you.  Am I really just another one of those girls?"

"Liza, you don't even know what happened."

"And right now I don't really want to hear it."

"Fine.  I didn't reject you.  I'll just have to wait and see if you'll reject me."  he left.

---Zaya's POV---

Vince and I were sitting up in our room.  Eliza had went to bed and Jason didn't reject her which had me confused.  I laid down looking up at the ceiling.  Vince moved so he was laying beside me, his arm over my waist.  "What's wrong baby?"

"I'm confused."

"Why?"

"Eliza caught him, but he didn't reject her."

"Maybe there's something behind the whole situation.  Maybe, he really wasn't doing anything and when Eliza saw him with that girl something snapped.  It wasn't her wolf.  I think it was her human side."

"I hope things work out.  I like Jason."

"He's a good kid.  The beer part though, I don't know.  I'm worried about that."

"If I found out he is, I'll hurt him myself."  he chuckled.

"Not sure about that baby.  You're barely a she-wolf."

"So, I'm a mom and married to an Alpha.  I can beat you up."

I tackled him pinning him to the bed.  "Oh yeah?"  I kissed him very softly our lips barely touching.  He smiled and I smirked playfully.  He tried to get my neck and I pushed him down.  "Tease."  I stood and went to check on Tyler.  He was sitting up leaning on the side of his crib.

"Hi buddy."  I picked him up.  He was 6 months old and was a mama's boy.  I checked his forehead.  "Vince?!"  he came running in.

"What is it?  What's wrong?"

"He has a fever."  I was scared.  I was afraid something was really wrong because he never got sick.

"Baby, relax.  Let me."  I let him take Tyler.  "He'll be fine, baby."  I stayed up all night while Vince and Uncle Riley took care of my baby.  Vince came in after being up all night.  "He has the flu which was accompanied by the fever."

"I need to stay with him."  He grabbed my hand.

"Baby, right now he's asleep.  He's had juice, a diaper change, and just needs rest.  So do you."

"But..."

"Zaya..."

"Will you at least move him in here?  Please?  He's my baby."

"Will you relax?"

"Yes, please, Vincey.  He needs his mommy."  he brought Tyler in.  "Thank you, baby."  I hugged him when he sat down.  I fell asleep curled up beside him.  I woke up to Monica pulling on my arm.  She was pulling on her ear.  Vince was awake.  He came in.

"What are you doing princess?"  she stood and he picked her up.  He looked in her ear.  "Monica, why did you put that in your ear?" she had managed to get ahold of one of Eliza's beads and put it in her ear.

I carried Tyler downstairs with me.  Vincent following.  Tyler was wrapped in a blanket and he was hungry.  I opened the front door and saw Eliza standing there making out with Jason.  Vince cleared his throat.  Eliza pulled away her face a very dark red.  "That was fast.  Eliza Jane, I want to talk to your mate."

"Sorry daddy."

---Jason's POV---

I gave myself plenty of space from Mr. Patterson.  "All right, so, why don't you tell me what was going on?"

"Does it matter?  Eliza forgives me."

"It does to me.  Why were you drinking and why did you let that girl touch you knowing your wolf would be pissed?"

"I wasn't drinking and I didn't let her.  Eliza saw the second she touched me and took off.  She didn't see me push her away and take off.  I love Eliza and I'd never purposely hurt her."

"I'll hold that to you.  If I ever hear that you hurt her or let your friends hurt her, I'll take care of you myself."

A week later, I was at work.  Eliza walked in with Jamie and Heath.  Heath was here to pick up some tires.  I looked up and got Eliza's attention.  She gave me a smile and I returned it.  "Hey."

"Hi."

"Ice cream and watch bad movies later?"

"Sure."

A year later, Eliza started to change in the ways other guys would like.  I grew slightly jealous.  Her wolf was changing her which was supposed to happen.  I just didn't like the idea.  I was walking with Eliza at school.  Her hand in mine.

After school, I saw a guy talking to Eliza.  She gave him a piece of paper.  I shut my locker and walked out the door.  "Jason wait up."  she had to run to catch up.  "Jace, what the heck?"  I didn't answer.  "Fine."  I watched her walk away.  She caught up with Jamie and Heath.

That night, I was walking.  I got to Eliza's house.  She was outside with Jamie.  They were playing a game of one on one.  I came into view and Eliza chucked the ball into my stomach.  They went inside.

The next day, I was waiting by Eliza's locker.  She saw that I was there and ignored me.  "Can we talk?"

"No.  I have more important things to worry about."  I made her kiss me and received a slap.

"Eliza Patterson!  To the office now!"  she shut her locker and went to the office.

I was sitting in math class.  Eliza came in at the last half she handed Mr. Larson a pass and sat toward the front away from me.  I spotted a detention slip.

After school, I was waiting by Eliza's locker.  She put her stuff in and shut it.  "Hey, look..."

"No, you look, you're jealous.  You don't like that I'm changing.  I'm no longer that average teenager with glasses and baggy clothes.  I'm skinny and don't need contacts.  You just don't like that I'm actually getting friends.  If you can't trust me then I see no use and being with you.  You made me get a detention.  I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't trust me.  I'll send my brother over with your stuff."  She left me standing there.

I didn't feel rejected.  I felt free.  "Since Eliza has changed we don't see her as ours.  She was supposed to change, but since you don't trust her.  She's setting us free.  She's open to find another mate.  Someone smarter than you, dumb ass.  It will just take her a while to heal.  You're an idiot.  Maybe we'll get her back, but right now I doubt it."