Chapter 51: Lost

--Jeanna's POV--

I didn't know how I did it, but I managed to teleport from where I was to some place.  I didn't recognize the place and was afraid.  I was feeling like shit.  I was cold and I wanted Eric, but I made him leave.  I didn't know what I was going to do, but I didn't want him to get hurt.  I still hurt him though by making him leave.

I started walking.  I came across a phone booth.  I put in a quarter and dialed Eric's number.  It had been two hours since I disappeared.  "Jeanna, please tell me that's you."

"Eric?"

"Baby, where are you?"

"I-I don't know.  Eric I'm sorry.  I'm so scared."  I sobbed.

"Jeanna, It's okay.  Call the police and tell them you're lost.  Tell them you need help.  Then I want you to have them call me.  I want them to tell me where you are."

"I'm sorry."

"Jeanna, I'm not angry.  Just do as I said okay?  You need to be in the hospital."

"Okay."

"Don't forget what I said okay?"

"Okay."  I calmed down a little.  "Eric, are you still there?"

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I love you too.  Call the police okay?"

"Okay."  I hung up and put another quarter in.

"911 state your emergency."

"My name is Jeanna Allen.  I'm lost and I need to go to the hospital.  Please, help me."

"Mrs. Allen, what is around you?"  I had a sharp pain that brought me to my knees.  "Mrs. Allen.  Stay with me."

"Please just help me."

"I'm tracing your call.  Stay on the phone."

--Eric's POV--

I was pacing waiting for the phone or my cell phone to ring.  "Come on, Jeanna."  an hour passed and it didn't ring.  I was halfway out the door when the phone rang.  I ran and grabbed it.  "Jeanna?"

"Mr. Allen?"

"Please, tell me you found my wife."

"We did.  Mr. Allen, she's at Clarkson hospital."

"Clarkson?"

"Yes, in Denver, Colorado."

"Okay.  I'm on a... business trip.  I'll be there as soon as I can."

I got a ticket to go to Denver and left as soon as I could.  Jeanna's parents came with.

It was late in the afternoon of the next day when we got to the hospital where Jeanna was.  I was out of the car before it was even stopped.  I ran inside and followed Jeanna's scent.  I found her room.  A nurse was talking to her while asking what she was doing in Denver.  She lied smoothly by telling her that she was visiting some friends and got lost.  I walked into the room.  Jeanna looked up.  "Eric!"  I ran to her side holding her.

"Ah, so you're the lucky guy."  I heard the doctor say coming in.  I offered to shake his hand and he took it.  "I'm Dr.  Samuels."

"Eric Allen.  Thank you very much for taking care of my wife."

"She was bleeding due to miscarriage when she came in.  Did you know she was pregnant?"

"I knew there was a chance.  I've been gone for a couple of weeks."